giovedì 17 aprile 2014

Blackpool - Love every David Tennant moment!!!

Just one series in 6 episodes, not much really, but David Tennant is in it, and as always he's great! :D
This is a strange series, first I've ever seen that it's like this. Not only part crime story (he's a detective), part musical (there are at least 3 songs in every eps, or more) which is already a bizarre combination, but it's not a real musical, because the actors don't carry the weight of the songs on their shoulders. You listen to the original song, and the actors are singing under it. Like what we do when we listen to music. Volume up and singing allong!!! Sometimes you can't hear the actors' voices, sometimes you can :-) Although just barely...
I liked it a lot, but I must say it could have been better: who really needed all that business talking??? Did anyone really care about all that? I didn't. At all. They were so many, and so long, I really don't understand the reason for them. They could have done a lot of other scenes. Show more partners-moments between Peter and Blythe, above everything. If the reason was that they wanted more of David Morrissey protagonist, that's okay, they could show Ripley with his friends or his family or maybe alone, to get to know his feelings, anything BUT business talking. It was just so boring. So so boring.
If you've never seen the show and you watch just a song-moment, you'll be like "what's that nonsense?", but if you watch the whole thing, the songs are amazing, they are amazing singing them, and listen carefully to who is singing which sentence, because of course they are pertinent with the story, it goes on via the song. There are many moments and songs that are lovely, but I can't get over the "should I stay by Gabrielle" moment, when Peter/David realizes he's in love with Natalie/Sarah Parish. It's such a beautiful moment, where you get to understand what both of them are feeling, and you can hear David's voice under it, and it's a perfect moment, so beautiful!!!
Okay, I liked it and I liked the prostitute girl and Steve too, but  without David Tennant in it I probably wouldn't like it that much, I'd just say 'yeah nice' and that would be it, but he's so gorgeous, and his love story so lovely... I was just waiting for them, didn't really care for all the rest.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento