domenica 25 agosto 2019

Inspector Morse - The silent world of Nicholas Quinn

I liked this episode too. Not so much to watch it again and again, but enough to recommend everyone to give it a first try. It shows a bit of his personality: he likes to hear music very very loud, and he looooooves beer :-p

At a university, a man is killed, Quinn. He and his colleagues wrote exams.
Morse says that he always drinks at lunch time, it helps his imagination. He also says no woman would put up with him because he plays his records too loud...
Lewis doesn't like Morse drinking at a victim's house.
Morse uncovers a scandal about some of the university people selling the exams. Another one, Philip Ogleby, is killed, the one Morse suspected, and the Monica woman he kinda liked is hospitalised because of shock.
Morse likes "all sorts of puzzles, brain teasers, anything where you have to use your logic. My weakness is guess work, I leap to conclusions, sometimes, usually wrong"
At the inquest Morse reveals that he already has a warrant in his hand and is about to make an arrest. He arrests someone, an accomplice, and at the end arrests Quinn's boss, which surprised me because after his explanation of the 'how' I had another man in mind, and then it was indeed the cheating husband I had been thinking of, the one who showed up late because he was hiding the body.
At the beginning Morse says to Lewis: "you know Morse's law: there's always a 50-50 chance that the man who found the body did the deed" - "well, I was going to arrest him on the spot but I thought I'd let you have the pleasure" :-p
It took me some time to remember something: Morse realises he's 'gone and arrested the wrong man' when he realises that, if you read lips, it's easy to confuse 'doctor Bartlet' with 'Donald Martin', and at first I didn't remember the connection with Quinn until it came back to me that Quinn had asked Bartlet if "he" was involved but no, it was Martin.
At the end Lewis says "I should have arrested Martin straight away" because of "Morse's law" and Morse says: "that isn't Morse's law. Morse's law is : there's always time for one more pint" :-p
Just when Morse had decided to go watch 'last tango in Paris' they changed it to 101 Dalmatians, so Lewis goes home to fetch wife and kids :-D

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento