martedì 2 dicembre 2014

Eat pray love

Boring oh so boring, is what it is. I know nothing about the book, I'm just talking about the film. It should be spiritual, emotional, but it's nothing. It starts already without feelings, because all of a sudden Liz (Julia Roberts) decides she isn't happy, just like that, out of the blue, without giving us any reasons. She wants to go on a world trip to find herself: good for you. Well, at this point I expected something, but no, there were no emotions, none at all. She spends a lot of time in India, and that should give us something, but it only gave me boredom, which is unusual. India usually is interesting, spiritual, full of life and culture, but here it was plain and boring because it was all about Julia. I should say Liz, but to me it seemed all about Julia.
Her trip to Italy was boring too; I only liked Luca Argentero, the only good thing that ever came out of a big brother. Still, it fails me why she was so fascinated by the italian word attraversiamo (let's cross over) as if it was the most spiritual and interesting thing she'd ever heard. We say it every time we cross a street, and never feel enlightened by it. Also, I don't understand why she didn't book a room in a hotel, it seemed to me like she had enough money for a hotel room...
It takes her a long time to realise she's fallen in love with the character played by Javier Bardem, as if she'd gone through a life-changing process that personally I failed to see. She seemed on vacation, to me. Nothing more. She was making a great deal about it, but it just looked like a vacation.
It was supposed to look like a journey to find her inner self, but I felt nothing spiritual watching it, none at all.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento