domenica 11 gennaio 2015

Criminal minds - season 3


ep 1 - Doubt - Flagstaff, Arizona. College girls are being murdered, and Gideon can't cope with this, not after his college friend Sarah was murdered by Frank in the last episode. Actually the episode starts with Gideon writing a letter of goodbye, and throughout the episode we hear other bits of it. We don't yet know who he's writing to but of course there were only two options, really, one more likely than the other, though.
At the very end, after the "I'm sorry" we see Jason with a gun, but I never thought for a second that he was suicide-type. If they had written it, it would have been a mistake.
Erin Strauss is still stressing Hotchner, and she suspends him.
This is what Gideon is writing: "I knew it would be you who came to the cabin to check on me. You must be frightened. I apologise for that. I never meant to cause you any pain. Then, I also never envisioned writing this letter. I've searched for a satisfactory explanation for what I'm doing, all I've come up with is, a profiler needs to have solid footing. I don't think I do any more. The world confuses me. The cruelty, indifference, tragedy when my dear friend Sarah was murdered, it tore a hole in me, and I truly believed the way to handle the pain was to get back to our work as quickly as possible, get on to helping somebody else. I thought I could handle Sarah's murder, work through it. Then, the very first case we had after was on a college campus. You see, I met Sarah at college. On a campus, just like that one, 31 years ago. Campuses are supposed to be places of life and excitement. They're supposed to be about the future. Figuring out who you are, who you're gonna be. They're supposed to be about dreams, not nightmares. About hope. I really don't understand the world anymore. All homocide scenes are tragic, but when the victim is someone young, their life ripped away before they've even had a chance to live, it's devastating. In this line of work, I was afraid I would lose the ability to trust, but I've realised I can't really look at anyone, without seeing their death. And as bad as losing faith in humanity seems, losing your faith in happy endings is much worse. How many victims have we seen? How many crime scenes? Hundreds? A thousand? Pictures of families, victims, both alive and dead. I was always able to stay objective, to stay at arm's length, but now, all I see is Sarah in them. Nathan Tubbs was easy, but there was a time in my career when I would have asked the question I should have asked "was he too easy?". The biggest trap for a profiler. To fall into his pride, forgetting that, for all your skills, profiling is just a tool. It was like you could physically feel the mood change on the campus. Kids, they're so resilient. They trust and believe in a way I remember, but can't reach anymore. Like a very old picture. You remember the circumstances, but the feelings, the emotions, they're just out of your grasp. They believed in us, believed in me. The way Sarah believed in me. And, as with Sarah, I feel that I led them right to the slaughter. What was I even doing there? How many times have I told you that a profiler cannot do this job if the mind is unfocused, if anything is going on in your personal life that would cloud your judgement? My mind has never been more unfocused than it was on that campus. Did I let a lion loose amongst babies? Was my judgement clouded by a need to make someone pay for Sarah's death? Two more dead. Was it a price that needed to be paid? Is death ever worth it? Was the world always this grey? Is it only in the movies that it's black and white? Is that just an illusion? I used to know. I used to understand my place, my direction, where I was headed. Profiling requires belief, belief in the profile, belief in yourself. After Sarah, I no longer trust myself at home. After Tubbs, I no longer trust myself in the field. And without that, I have nothing. And that was the last domino. The death of that girl, Hotch being suspended over something that was my fault. I said, at the beginning of this letter, that I knew it would be you to come up here. I'm so sorry the explanation couldn't be better, and I am so sorry that it doesn't make more sense. But I've already told you, I just don't understand any of it anymore. I'm sorry. I guess I'm just looking for it again, for the belief I had back in college, the belieff I had when I first met Sarah, and it all seemed so right, the belief in happy endings."
ep 2 - In name and blood - In Milwakee, women are murdered with their hearts removed.
Vic Wolynski, Milwakee PD is played by Gordon Clapp: I remember him from NypdBlue. Apparently Vic was the famous one that catched Jeffrey Dahmer: they've mentioned this name before, haven't they?
Hotch is back, but now he asks for a transfer, and Prentiss wants to resign, so Strauss goes on the plane with just Reid, JJ and Morgan. Reid is bothered that Jason didn't show up, didn't answer his phone.
Garcia gives the case file to Hotch, saying JJ told her to do it, but later JJ will deny it.
Hotch is at home with his wife and son, and Haley is furious because he wants to go there too. She wants him to be transferred and have time for his family, but he goes anyway. He stops to get Prentiss :-) Eventually of course he'll change his mind about the transfer because "why would I ever want to leave the Bau?" but because of this he comes back to an empty house: Haley has left. Honestly, who can blame her? I like Hotch too, but if we want to be fair that wasn't even a real marriage, he was never there for her, he forgot every appointment they had, he was never there with them, and he finally chose the Bau over them, refusing to transfer to a position with better hours... of course Haley left, it's not that surprising.
Reid keeps worrying about Gideon, because he still isn't responding to his calls.
Garcia is always so funny:
-----
Morgan: Garcia, baby girl, please tell me something I want to hear
Garcia: you're a statuesque god of sculpted chocolate thunder
Morgan: how about something I don't already know?
-----
Garcia: talk dirty to me
Strauss: This is section chief Erin Strauss
Garcia: Ma'am, I think it goes without saying that I was expecting it to be someone else                
-----
At the end, Reid goes to Gideon's cabin and sees the letter addressed to him, and we see Gideon driving away with no destination in mind. Well, as much as we may be sorry to see him leave, honestly for him it's the best thing to do. He was too sensitive and he had suffered a lot.
The case: a guy uses his own son to lure women to him, then this guy kept them locked in the house to play perfect mom until he finally killed them.
 - George Washington said: let your heart feel for the affliction and distress of everyone.
ep 3 - Scared to death - Gideon left everything in his office, but he took his precious photographs :-) His resignation is now official. He's even off the opening credits :-( I liked Gideon.
Reid: (Gideon) left me a letter, just like my father did, when he abandoned me and my mom." awww :-(
Emily: "I think you need to read that letter again, ask yourself why of all the people he walked away from, did he only explain himself to one person: you" because yes, he has an idetic memory, but he should read it anyway and think about it. When he shows the letter, we can catch a glimpse of it, and notice a few details:  - and I apologise...but then I also...but all I've come up with....and I just don't think I do any more...the indifference, the tragedy... - and at the end, we see it goes on: "to inundate myself with a case to quiet the memories. How horrible is it to kill your days with someone..." and it goes on, but we will never know what it says after that. Not that it really matters, we get it and we understand.
This therapist lures his victims to his study convincing them he can cure them of their phobias, then he literally scares them to death. He asked to his victims "have you told anyone that you're going to therapy?", and we see one of them replying "I can't talk to my family about it. They'd just tell me to get over it" Oh I so understand you girl, totally.
At least 17 victims of this maniac. Why does Hotch say "at least 15" ? We should be sure that they are at least 17, right? There were already 4 before they started on the case, then one boy drowned, and Emily said that they found 12 more victims=17.
Morgan and Reid in a malfunctioning elevator freaking out :lol: At the end, Morgan says it was a huge victim, that they're doing just fine without Gideon, then Hotch confesses that Haley left. Now, I understand Morgan, of course these are tough people and all that, but it also seems a bit emotionless to simply think and say that everything's alright because they can solve cases even without Gideon. Nothing else matters? You don't miss the man? Probably not, after all they know very little of each other, they don't share personal lives, they just admire and respect each other's work.
- The taoist philosopher Lao Tse once wrote: he who controls others may be powerful, but he who have mastered himself is mightier still
 - Eleanor Roosevelt once said: you gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
ep 4 - Children of the dark - In Denver, families are slaughtered at their homes by two boys; they grew up in a horrible, torturer woman's foster home, and trick their way in people houses by using a dead cat as a ruse (Garcia: why cats? Evil has no boundaries). In their next family, the girl survives. They arrest the guy, and hopefully will take the other kids away from that woman, shame of her kind.
- In the city, crime is taken as emblematic of class and race. In the suburbs, though, it's intimate and psychological, resistant to generalisation, a mystery of the individual soul: Barbara Ehrenreich
ep 5 - Seven seconds - A six years old girl has gone missing at a Mall. The Bau is called because the week before a little girl was taken and then killed, but this time it was her own aunt, angry at her because her husband was abusing the child and would only think of her, and this shitty woman instead of seeing the little girl as the victim that she was, instead she thought of her as an obstacle, as "the other one" taking her husband away from her. That's disgusting, really.
 - Dostoyevsky once said: nothing is easier than denouncing the evil doer, nothing is more difficult than understanding him
 - G.K. Chesterton wrote: fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know the dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that dragons can be killed.
 ep 6 - About face - We meet special agent David Rossi and his dog Mudgie. He's retired for nearly 10 years, but now he wants to come back. Joe Mantegna is now the first name in the opening credits, then Paget, Shemar, Matthew, AJ, Kirsten, and at the end there's "And Thomas Gibson" which I suppose reflex higher status in a way, doesn't it? :-) I like him, and maybe I've already said this, I don't remember, but sometimes when you "know" someone for a long time you get kind of attached to them, if you liked them in the first place, and here, to see Dharma's lovely husband Greg as every criminal's boogieman is almost touching, in a sort of aww-my-baby-grew-up kind of way.
 Rossi comes to the Bau, and he already knows Aaron :-) for the others, he's like a legendary figure... He has a bracelet he carries around, reminding him of three little children, and asks Garcia to pull info for him and keep it a secret. On the field, he acts solo, making his own decisions without consulting the team and Hotch doesn't like it. Rossi tells him that he came back because "maybe I have unfinished business" and then he takes Gideon's office.
We learn that Morgan is creeped out by Halloween while Reid likes it. At the end, the two of them give children candies :-)
In Texas, a woman found a flyer with "have you seen me?" written on it under her own picture, she got scared and later she was killed.
 - Erasmus wrote: what else is the whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part until the manager waves them off the stage?
ep 7 - Identity - Rossi catches Reid, Morgan and Emily spying in his office. Reid has read all of his books.
The case: three women are dead, one is abducted. The suspect blows himself up with a hand granade. After that, the fourth is found dead, killed by his partner. Looking for him, Rossi sends Morgan and JJ to the Militia's bar. Both choices say something of Rossi, I think. Rossi will mention to Morgan too about the "unfinished business".
 - A earthly kingdom cannot exist without inequality of persons. Some must be free, some serfs, some rulers, some subjects. Martin Luther.
ep 8 - Lucky - Oh God, this episode was really sick, really tough.
In 1988 a 17 y.o. boy is in a mental institution, but as he turns 18 he's turned loose because the law says he must be. The doctors know he should not be reliesed into society because of his sick mind, but can do nothing about it because it is the law, when he comes of age he must be reliesed. It's a story of cannibalism. This guy has been one since he was a child, therefore hospitalized, but he was a minor then, and now he isn't one anymore. They catch him eventually, and he says he'll say where Tracy is only to the priest. This bit was really sick:
-father, I feel like God has abandoned me. why?
-you are not alone, my son. God is in all of us.
-so is Tracy Lambert...... and he does a evil maniac laugh here, because now everyone understands that he fed her to everyone, they all ate her. Oh God, totally sick.
For the case in Florida, Morgan asks Rossi to talk to the priest because he'd rather not, and Rossi goes: "Agent Morgan actually has some questions for you" at him. How nice huh?!? The reason why Morgan doesn't like priests is the usual as for everyone else: "when I was a kid, something bad was happening to me and I went to church every day, and I prayed. Oh I prayed for it to stop. You know what God did? Nothing" which is the usual story. Like'when I was sick, or sad, or feeling bad for something, God didn't help ME so I hate him. Of course I never said thank you for all the good things in my life, but so what, I deserved all the good things, I didn't deserve all the bad things' usual attitude of everyone that is angry at religion.
Rossi: you're still pissed I threw you under a bus with him yesterday.
Morgan: am I?
Rossi: you know, in my day, if your partners made a request like that... well, I was just giving you a chance for personal growth
Morgan: I get you, Dave. You're not a mystery to me, man. They said you couldn't interview serial killers. You did. They said you couldn't put together a profiling team. You did. They said there was no way in hel you would ever come back here. You did. It's in your nature, Rossi. It's who you are.
Rossi: well, if you knew all that, why would you tell me you didn't want to talk to the priest?
Morgan: I was giving you an opportunity for personal growth.
and I'm totally with Morgan here. :-) At the end, he goes to church.
Mantegna trying to quote Dante's Inferno was something :lol: only the last word was understandable.
Garcia meets Colby, a guy at a bar, a "smoking-hot" one, who asks her number after she fixed her computer.
Colby calls her to ask her out, but she says no. When she tells Morgan he says she did good, because there was definitely something wrong with him, and this hurts Penelope, and she gets really angry at him. Emily explains it to Morgan: "when a woman tells a man about her feelings, she doesn't want him to fix her. She wants him to shut up and listen". As a reaction to Morgan words, Garcia calls Colby back to accept, and they go out on a date. When it's over, everything seems to be going fine, he's all happy, she's probably wondering if he'll kiss her goodnight, but then before going away he calls her and tells her "I've been thinking about doing this all night" and then he shoots her!!!
 - Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters. Francis Goya
 - 16th century English novelist Thomas Deloney wrote: God sends meat, and the devil sends cooks.
ep 9 - Penelope - Aaron tells JJ, then Reid, then Rossi and Emily, and they are all at the hospital. Morgan's phone is off because he's in church. Finally Morgan arrives, and the investigation begins. Since she's in the hospital, they need a new tech and they call Kevin Lynch (Nicholas Brendon!) and he finds encripted files on her computer and for this she's suspended to verify if she can be trusted. She tells Reid and Morgan of her past: after her parents died killed by a drunk driver, she dropped out of Cal-tech, lived underground. The bureau keeps track of hackers, and offered her a job. Morgan takes her home and won't leave her: "I love you, you know that, right?" awww :-) Yes, we know, we saw them together and we've always known.
After seeing her computers, Kevin says "this might be the coolest girl I've ever met" before ever even seeing her. The two hackers then 'fight' on the net and she wins. She shows him the real name of Deputy Sheriff Jason Clark Battle and his face, and right after that Kevin meets him in the office and signals to Garcia's computer and she trusts him as a fellow hacker and responds, and watches him in the office. They find JJ alone in hers, so they send her a message and she kills the bastard. "I never even blinked. You do whatever it takes to protect your family" awww JJ...
Then Penelope and Kevin meet: she says "you're good" , he says "you're better" :-)
 - William Shakespeare wrote: love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
ep 10 - True night - California. A graphic novelist is out of his mind. Poor Johnny was in love with a beautiful girl and she was pregnant and he was proposing to her right before a bunch of shits murdered her in front of him and almost killed him too.
Morgan didn't want to leave Garcia to go on the case, she has to insist :-) At the end, he repairs her chair :-)
Rossi says: "life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person"
Reid mentions Carlo Lorenzini, the guy that wrote Pinocchio, and it was impressive because he used the real name of the man, and not the name by which he's famous, and even italians don't usually know his real name.
 - Superman is after all an alien life form. He is simply the acceptable face of invading realities. Author Clive Barker
 - Frank Miller: The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty, and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time
ep 11 - Birthright - In Virginia, some girls are killed by the son of a man that murdered girls 27 years ago.
Rossi speaks about his bracelet to the old sheriff: "Indianapolis, Christmas Eve. One of my first cases on the job. Three kids watched their parents get beaten to death. Every year i call to tell them I haven't forgotten. I'm still looking. Last year, not one of them bothered to return my call.." "how long has it been for you?" "21" "don't let it get to 22"
Hotch receives some papers: Haley has asked for a divorce...
 - The american poet Anne Sexton once wrote: it doesn't matter who my father was, it matters who I remember he was
 - Wordsworth wrote: a simple child that lightly draws its breath and feels its life in every limb, what should it know of death?
ep 12 - 3rd Life - California. Jack is in witness protection because he was in the mob and he's collaborating. His daughter is now in danger because she's been kidnapped with her friend. When they kill her friend Katie and Katie's father recognizes the picture of a guy, he doesn't tell the team. He tells it to Jack so that he will go and kill them. Reid gets there in time for a don't-do-it-scene, while Jack's daughter keeps yelling Kill-him-dad-kill-him-he-killed-Katie. Reid is trying hard "when does it end? when does it stop?" but Jack replies "tomorrow" and kills him. Reid is in shock.
 - No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemy: Daisy Bates
 - It is a wise man who knows his own child. William Shakespeare
ep 13 - Limplight - At an old storage unit, two guys find strange things, and an ambitious girl, Agent Jill Morris, calls Rossi. It is like a journal of tortures, and she's all excited to have finally a big case "could this guy be any more perfect?" This Morris is really disturbing; ambition is one thing, but this girl is something else... or maybe not, maybe this is the only way to be ambitious in a certain line of work, right? Still, it is disturbing: "I didn't join the bureau to win awards" but then she's so excited, saying things like: perfect, great stuff... you know, that's not what came to my mind hearing he might have killed 19 women!! She just couldn't wait to be on tv! Well, almost everyone nowadays would do anything to appear on tv, even showing their embarassing moments or the stupid things they've done, it's a success if they appear on tv (imagine the comments: have you seen them? Did you know they were so stupid??Well, now we know).
Hotch: "nobody remembers the victims, everybody remembers the killers", it's true and it goes for her too.
Rossi understands her, sees himself in her, in a way, but I didn't know young Rossi, probably I wouldn't have liked him at all...
 - I know indeed what evil I intend to do, but stronger than all my afterthoughts is my fury, fury that brings upon mortals the greatest evils. Euripides
 - For we pay a price for everything we get or take in this world, and although ambitions are well worth having, they are not to be cheaply won. Lucille Maud Montgomery
ep 14 - Damaged - Rossi has nightmare about his old case, and he goes to Garcia's home. She was having a shower with Kevin Lynch :-o Rossi says that 'tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of that crime'... but he did say they were already 21, on ep 11, right? Instead it was 19 then, and it's getting to 20??? He could have just said "tomorrow is the anniversary"... don't make mistakes like this!!
Morgan, JJ and Emily go to Indianapolis to offer their help to Rossi on his case. "why do you care?" and Emily "because you do". Good one, Emily, well said. It was very lovely at the end when Rossi after saying his goodbyes looked at them and saw them as children :-)
Reid and Hotchner are in a prison interviewing a serial killer due to be executed in a week. I liked Hotch so much, preparing to fight the bastard. :-) Go Hotch, tell him like it is, pathetic men who think they're so scary and so great but then they're always going after the weaker ones... aaaand I was slightly disappointed that Reid stopped it. I understand it was the right thing to do, I'd have done the same, I mean if I were him, but as a viewer I'd have liked it :-) Okay, let's say, not in that circumstances, but maybe I'll see it in the future... :-)
Since they shouldn't be having a relationship because they work together, but Rossi caught them, now Kevin wants to have a word with Rossi to clarify their position and being allowed to stay with Penelope... awww. Nobody else knew what he wanted to talk about, so they asked, and JJ who knew everything started singing "Garcia and Kevin, sitting in a tree.." : everybody but Reid understood, but I don't. What does it mean? Okay, she's explaining to them that they are a couple, okay, I know they are and what they were doing, still, what does it have to do with trees??
It ends with Hotch signing the divorce papers. Did we know he's left-handed?
 - Within the core of each of us, is the child we once were. This child constitutes the foundation of what we  have become, who we are and what we will be. Neuroscientist Dr R. Joseph
 - There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings. Arthur Rubinstein
ep 15 - A higher power - People who have lost a child start committing suicide one after the other, but they are really murders of an angel of death.
You know, when Reid realises those are not suicides notes, but amends, written in self-help groups, and it seems clear now how he's getting over his drug problem, by joining himself some self-group: that scene should have been a great scene, a touching one, if you like the characters, but something was not right, the camera stayed too long on Reid, it felt weird, like there had to be something more that didn't really come. It could have been much more, but it wasn't. All that time on his face left you puzzled and expecting more, than touched. There should have been more quick changes from him to Emily looking at him, slowly realising, maybe, I don't know. It should have been so much more...  After he says amends, there should be something, a change of some kind, maybe going on her face too see her first reaction, or maybe a change in music... I think that staying on his face while he said "to yourself" and she said "is that right" was too long, way too long, and it ruined the scene. It made no more sense, him staying still with his face down like that in front of her. He's not a little kid anymore, and anyway if you're not embarassed than look at her or talk, and if you are turn around, don't let her see you. That staying still was wrong.
One of the victims, well a potential victim, shouting "you think you can help me? You think you can help me?" was the most touching moment of the episode, right before she crashed her car: her extreme pain, desperation came out there.
Morgan has four properties. I didn't really get his reasoning that having four properties makes him feel he's changing something... I see no connection...
 - There is no refuge from confession but suicide, and suicide is confession. Daniel Webster
 -The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering. Ben Okri
ep 16 - Elephant's memory - At a meeting (a supporting group for his drug problem) Spencer says "it's my first meeting". Really? So last episode, that scene, what was it about? He has never gone to a meeting, never wrote an amends letter...? So that scene had really no sense? Or they planned to show this episode before that?
This episode was intense: Reid identifies with Owen, the not-so-unknown subject that is killing people, those that abused and mistreated him his whole life. "His life was one torment after another. His teachers gave up on him, his classmates bullied him and his father blamed him while giving him access to guns" and then tells Morgan his story: at school, the football team tied him naked to a goal post and nobody helped him, so many kids there just watching. He got home at midnight but his mom had not even noticed because she was in one of her moments, she was already unwell.
Morgan justifies here the episode's title "when it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory" not just him with his eidetic memory.
I liked this episode, it was touching and with good characters. I liked Owen, Jordan and her best friend as well :-)
Reid sends the team on a false track because he wants to get to Owen first, he wants to save his life, prevent anyone from killing him.
"I was thinking that that would be the second time a kid died in front of me" and Hotch "I know it's painful when the person you identify with is the bad guy" yeah, it is.
Again Hotch: "I think you should go and catch the rest of that movie" because he came straight from the meeting; he couldn't stay till the end because he had to join the team for this case. Reid said it's been 10 months since he stopped using.
 - A sad soul can kill you quicker, far quicker, than a germ. John Steinbeck
 -We cross our bridges when we come to them, and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke and a presumption that once our eyes watered. Tom Stoppard
ep 17 - In heat - Garcia and Kevin's relationship is going on very well :-) And Kevin pronounces Italian words well enough, although it's fégato and not fegàto :lol:
The case: Miami. We meet again Bill LaMontagne, here to id the dead cop. It was so clear from the start that he and JJ had a story, no need to be a profiler there :-) Oh, they see each other every weekend :-) Cute :-) Even Reid knew about them .-) It's been about a year now, apparently :-)
The case, I was saying: Steven is killing gay men, because his father had tried for long to "beat homosexuality out of him". The guy playing Steven was really good :-)
 -There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses. George Bernard Shaw
 - If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find. John Churton Collins
ep 18 - The crossing - Maryland. Rossi and Hotch talk to a woman that killed her husband. Her defence lawyer claims she was abused, but she doesn't. Rossi and Hotch agree with him.
JJ, Emily, Morgan and Reid follow the case of a woman who's been stalked for two years , wherever she goes this guy finds her.
Rossi has had three divorces ... and JJ's pregnant :-)
 - Author Christian Nestell Boree once wrote: no man is happy without a delusion of some kind, delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities.
 - Susan B. Anthony said: a woman must not depend on the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself.
ep 19 - Tabula rasa - Virginia. In 2004, a serial killer almost killed himself trying to escape from Morgan and Hotchner and other cops chasing him. Incredibly he didn't die, but slipped into a coma, and now he woke up, with a severe amnesia. Is he still guilty if he doesn't know what he did, or is he a different person now ? Real philosophical dilemma.  In 2004 Reid had just joined the Bau, and so had Garcia. :lol: Morgan didn't know her name, so called her baby-doll :lol:
Cute how at the end Reid pretended he didn't know that poem :-) if course he did, we know it, but this way he makes Mr Corbett remember it :-) It's a poem from Wordsworth "what though the radiance that was once so bright / be now for ever taken from my sight / though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass of glory in the flower we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind"
 - All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy. For what we leave behind us, is a part of ourselves. We must die to one life before we can enter another. Anatole France
ep 20 - Lo-Fi - New York. Random people are shooted at close range by hooded figures, during the day, in public places.
Half-British detective Kate Joyner, once at Scotland Yard, is working the case, and Hotch knows her. The moment I saw her I thought exactly what JJ said : Kate looks exactly like Haley! Hotch definitely has a type...
Kate has an attitude because if she doesn't solve this case her job's on the line, and Derek is at the top of the list to replace her... and as soon as he knows this, Derek starts to give attitude himself : "it might be nice to finally be the one making the calls" but she simply told him "you spoke your mind, I respect that" because if Hotch likes her like that she can't be a bad person :-) She's just trying to do her job.
Will meets JJ in New York, so she tells everyone she's pregnant. He's a good person, I like him, he's a good one. I was so sorry when officer Cooper got shot, and really hoped he wouldn't die.
At the end, we see all of them get into various cars, and only one of those cars blows up. Which one? Who was in there???
 - Voltaire said : the man visited by ecstasies and visions, who takes dreams for realities, is an enthusiast. The man who supports his madness with murder is a fanatic. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento