lunedì 1 febbraio 2016

Fifty shades of grey - 2015

Oh my God what a stupid sick load of crap. Worse than I thought. I've never read the book, I speak only about the movie, but one thing I'm sure of: one thing is to read about sex and imagining it with your own fantasy, and another is to see this girl naked all the time, doing strange things that in this movie are neither exciting or despicable, just plain boring and ridiculous. Sure, Jamie Dornan is hot, ok, but that's not enough to make this movie worth another watch. Ever.
Also I thought that the book was a success among women, not men. I say this because if they did this movie for the women who fantasized on Grey while reading the book and maybe for the women that never read it but became curious after so much talking about it, then why on Earth did they keep showing a naked girl all the time? That was so annoying. They wanted a sort of scandal-thing, and maybe there wasn't enough plot to make a decent movie, but they should have tried, they should have created it. A movie is not a book, it needs different things. They aimed purely at the scandal, at the sex scenes, and nothing more. The nicest part of it all was when they texted each other and when at the end she says No!. They could have made an effort, create a background for her so that when she meets him we already know the kind of girl she is (and why she dresses that way! Tell me what girl would have entered that building dressed like that!). Not everyone's read the book, but everyone's heard about it, so they should have made a movie for everybody.
I saw a very unreal girl (Dakota Johnson as Anastasia) falling so badly for this confident rich guy that came to pick her up because he had heard she was drunk, that she agreed to anything to be with him. Christian Grey met her father, then her mother, even introduced her to his family at a dinner in their house as his girlfriend, and yet he kept saying "I don't do romance", and when she says "I've fallen in love with you" as if it's something shocking, he actually is surprised! He says "you can't love me". How stupid he seems to be. The 'romance' bits were boring too: buying her a car (big deal when you're a billionaire) , taking her flying (the scenes didn't have to be that long, they really didn't know how to fill the movie maybe).
The beginning was so annoying, when this girl who doesn't seem to know a lot about life tells him she's got a feeling nobody really knows him well, or that maybe he wants to hide that he's got a big heart... yeah right: first, girl, you don't know him, and second, usually when a man says something bad about himself you'd better listen and believe it.
How boring it was all that stuff about the contract, and how he talked was just ridiculous. "I'm not gonna touch you until I have your written consent" , famous last words since she never signed it, and "I don't make love. I fuck. Hard". Ridiculous, and not sexy in the slightest. I almost laughed in his face.
None of this was the least bit exciting. By the way, the bit about his lawyers insisting on having various documents signed before he has sex with a girl... how did this start? Did he go to them saying: nobody knows this, not my family, friends, no one at all, but I like to handcuff women and spank them till they cry in pain, is that alright for you? I mean, who started the 'contract' idea?
Anyway, it was all very plain, and by the way, this man has big issues, probably since he was introduced to it very young by a friend of his mother (that's child abuse, people, let's stop this 'we're friends' nonsense), he never had any kind of real relationship with women. He sort of reminds me of "9 1/2 weeks" Micky Rourke's character, who wanted total power over her, control, but did not know how to actually 'relate', and ended up losing her even though he loved her. Same principle, complete opposite movies. That one was good, exciting drama, while this is a boring attempt to give scandal in 2015 when viewers have "Game of thrones" and "Rome" and "Spartacus" and whatever else. Good luck with that...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento