mercoledì 13 luglio 2016

Cat among the pidgeons - Poirot's film/tv-episode

I don't know where in the series is this, anyway, as always I liked it; I think David Suchet is the perfect Poirot, I like the atmosphere so English and the actors, although I was sorry that they changed the funniest scene in the book, when young Julia leaves the school to go to London, and is then introduced to a Poirot who knows nothing. Of course they had to, this is the Poirot series, you can't have him appear twenty minutes before the end. They didn't change much this time, they only had to cut it short a little bit. I don't remember the thing about the voodoo doll being in the book, I don't think it was, and I could have done without it, honestly it was silly. I didn't recognize Amanda Abbington as the art teacher, since she looked so different from Mary Watson :-p
I like Miss Bulstrode a lot, and Mrs Upjohn, the scene when she entered at the end was quite good. I liked Shaista and Miss Rich too. There isn't much to say, the story is pretty much the same as in the book. Prince Alì, his friend Bob and the jewels hidden in the tennis racket.  The school and fake Princess Shaista. Jealous Chaddy hitting Miss Rich on the head (almost killing here) but giving her life at the end to save her dear friend Bulstrode. Poirot here is a friend and stays here to help Bulstrode figure out the best person to take her place when she'll decide to retire.


ITA macabro quiz

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento