domenica 11 maggio 2014

Eurovision song contest 2014 & Conchita Wurst - ok not a film but I just watched it..

And I do agree on the winner. Some say it should have been a song contest, not about politics, and I do agree on this too. For me it was about the songs. I liked Conchita Wurst's song a lot, as well as how she sang it. From where I stand, not voting her would have been about the beard. Voting her was about the song. Supporting homosexual rights seems to me no different than being a feminist. What it really means is that everyone should be judged on what they can do, not on their sex gender or sexual preferences. And she can sing, indeed. I read of people critizing this year's choice of winner without even having heard the song first. They should just shut it. It's the same as saying a girl can't do a certain job just because she's a girl, without previously checking if she can actually do it or not. This problem too is still out there.
I can never understand why some people are so judgemental without reason, it's really beyond me to understand this. Some people would just take every easy excuse they can find to throw s**t at others, just for the sake of doing it. Sometimes I thing they're stupid, sometimes I think they're bad inside, sometimes I think they're just pathetic, worthless cowards, who think they're better than others because they're men or straight. I think that probably if these haters have to go to such lenghs to prove they're worth something, it means deep inside they know or they think they are not, therefore they can't prove it any other way.
It would be such a better world if people stopped spreading hate. Plus if someone hates a person just for loving another person of the same sex, they're in the wrong right there, no need of great arguments. I am a simple girl, not too bright, but still I always thought, can't help it, that love was good and hate was bad.
So many capable women have to fight hard to prove themselves, and so many people have to hide their love or justify it, as if love could be a bad thing. When I see these things I feel like this world is so wrong, I have to constantly remind myself that not all people are haters, not all people are bad, not all people are so quick to judge others for the wrong reasons; I have to, just to be able to live in it.


About the other songs, I liked :

  • Montenegro, good song and good show. Really liked the skating girl. 
  • Sweden, great voice.
  • Hungary, liked the song and the dance.
I liked Poland's song too, another one not singing in English.
My favourite choice for a Eurovision contest would always be a song half in English and half in their original language, though.
Romania, Germany, San Marino and Slovenia's songs were nice too.
I didn't understand a word the French woman said, or why they couldn't find someone that could speak English. Everyone else tried their best to do it.
Anyway Denmark put on a very good show!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento