giovedì 21 agosto 2014

Once upon a time season 1 - this was the best one

I really liked this first season of OUAT, I liked everything but was really gripped to the show only at the end of episode one, when we have a few seconds of Mr. Gold, when he hears Emma's name and suddenly remembers, and you can tell by his face, and most of all from the way he looks at Ruby before leaving, like he's really seeing her for the first time, like something's changed.
There are many reasons why I loved this series, and if you may have already guessed that one was Mr. Gold, alias Robert Carlyle, it's not the only one. I liked the fact as soon as you could link a Storybrook person to a fairy-tale character, you basically knew that character's soul, and it felt to me as if I was in the privileged position to know more about them than they did, and therefore able to think 'you are surprised you did that, but I'm not, because I know who you really are'.
I also loved how every story was loyal to the fairytales and yet somehow very different. Not a big surprise they made Red Riding Hood a werewolf, but a damn good episode. Not the only one, they made an episode for Jiminy Cricket, one for the Queen's mirror, one for the Queen's past, one for SnowWhite's hunter, one for Hansel & Gretel (I'm sorry we never heard from them again, there was no need to call back all the actors, but I think they could have mentioned how they were doing at least!), one for the Mad Hatter and many others.
Episode "skin deep" was wonderful, the Beauty&the beast fairytale has always been my favourite, and this episode was really beautiful, I loved every second of it. I must remember that when they are talking, Belle says "I've had a couple of months to look around", which does NOT mean she's been there for 2 months, like I thought at first, and this is important for future scenes. It probably needed some time before they were in enough good terms that she was allowed to do and go wherever she wanted to look around. Also, the way they talk to and look at each other in the curtains-scene, I mean she seems pretty enough comfortable, she asks him questions and replies back with no fear, and he doesn't get angry but is instead intrigued. This probably means that she's been there enough time that things have already changed between them. I must also say how thrilled I was the first time I saw this. Belle with her yellow dress, and her blue/white dress, her father saying "you can't go with this beast ", and the rose, and the chipped cup... I love it so much. It is kind of strange that I was all aww while she was cutting the rose and I knew that that rose had been Gaston,,,

Not sure about which world is Frankenstein's world, certainly not this one, and despite what he thinks about magic versus science, his world must know magic, since they can go back and forth from it.
There are many important characters, but of course the most important are Snow and her prince, the evil queen , Emma and their child Henry, and Mr. Gold.
The costumes are amazing, a big big part of the success, I should think, because every episode there is at least one costume that leaves you speechless. The Queen's outfits are all beautiful, but also Snow's coat when she's found by Red, Belle's yellow dress, and Cinderella's dress... so so many, they were incredibly beautiful.
All the actors are good for their role, I really like them. Jennifer Morrison as Emma is really good, from the first episode I liked her a lot, from the moment she blew the candle. Ginnifer Goodwin is a very good SnowWhite, Lana Parrilla as the evil queen is also perfect, beautiful and very good. Then there is Josh Dallas as Prince Charming, that apparently in real life married his Snow White, and now he and Ginnifer have a baby :-) Last is Robert Carlyle, simply amazing, I loved him more as Mr. Gold but also in Fairy Tale Land.
In desperate souls there is the story of how he became Rumplestinskin! Poor soul.
A very good season, I'm glad I bought it, because it's very good.


 -Once upon a time 1x02 the thing you love most 3 May 2014


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento