mercoledì 15 ottobre 2014

John Peter Sloan's I am not a penguin show

I've seen one, it was transmitted on television and I watched it. It had funny moments, and also annoying moments.
It was funny when he said of the embarassing scene he caused when he didn't know italian well enough to know what he was doing, and instead of asking how to cook the fishes he had caught, he said he had just fished two corpses and wanted to know if he could eat them :-)  also it was funny the bit where he said he and his english friends (or his brother, I don't remember) don't understand the use italian have for the word balls. It was funny to see all the ways translated in english, and quite right too. It has all those uses :lol:
But it really really annoyed me when he said that Italians should do like the Dutch, learn one language at home and one language on the television, like it's some kind of terrible things that so many Italians don't know English well (or at all). Well, how many languages does he speak? Because you know, after so many years in Italy, his Italian is not all that good, let me tell you. Enough to be understood, yes, but not very good. And if he wanted to know, he should have realized that almost all Italians do know two languages: they learn their own dialect at home, and italian with the television. I know British don't have to deal with dialects the same way, because here it's not just a term or two, it's everything. There are many many dialects I wouldn't understand a word of, if I heard someone speak it. British don't have this. So, in a way, many italians have always learned two languages. Mind you, I'm not attacking britishness of course, because the whole country would jump at my throat; from what I've seen, as much as they like making jokes about other countries and themselves, they can't take a joke coming from a foreigner.
Ok, it's coming off a bit crude, I actually love Britain, and dream to go there, so I'm not negative about it at all.
Also, the end was bad, didn't like it at all, and I found a bit confusing when he told everyone he had cheated on his wife, with his daughter present in the audience. I understand his wife and daughter already knew, of course, but still, it's embarassing that everyone should know about it. I wonder how comes his wife doesn't care about it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento