venerdì 20 maggio 2016

Eurovision song contest 2016

I just saw it all. I watched the first and the second semi-finals, and tonight I watched the final. I can't even begin to understand why but this year they (who?) decided to change the voting system - they're changing a lot lately: first Australia enters the ESC as a guest, then as an actual participant; it was once an "eurovision" show, now it airs live in USA and China...I've reason to fear that in no time they'll destroy the whole thing...
The main change is that every Country gives the points in the old-fashion way, yes, but they are the "jury"'s points. Whoever might be part of those juries... are those still the televoting points of regular watchers from home? Why are they called "jury's points"? Who gave those points? Anyway.
Then there is another voting routine, counted all together and not divided by Country, and they call these points 'the people's voting', but how, by tele-voting or by Internet? This new system is not clear to me, and who knows how the ESC jury divided those votes into 2436 points. I counted them. I don't know how many votes they received but I'd guess more than 2436, so how did they get to that number?
I don't like the new system, it's weird. It was easier before: every Country voted, then each one said: this is out top ten, and the Country that received more votes is; easy.
Anyway, the brilliant result of this new system is that the Country juries voted Australia first than Ukraine, and the people in Europe and Australia (and Israel, or is that in Europe too?) voted Russia first and Ukraine second, and yet Ukraine won the Eurovision song contest...
Moving on: the semi-finals: I liked Macedonia's song in her original language, I was sorry it didn't get to the final. It's sad that almost everybody sings in English. Easier to understand, sure, but it loses a big part of the Eurofestival charm. I'd have preferred Moldavia Greece and Montenegro over Armenia, Azerbaijan and Malta, and also Belarus, Macedonia, Denmark and Norway over Israel, Serbia, Lithuania and Bulgaria. I'm talking about songs, here, and not Countries, obviously. Having said that, the final:
Belgium, a cute young girl called Laura Tesoro, a name which for me is already adorable in itself.
Malta, Armenia and Azerbaijan went for the Beyoncé-look to impress the viewers.
Hungary, cute guy but no voice, in my personal opinion.
The Netherlands, nice country-song, a bit repetitive, I didn't like that long break, though.
Bulgaria, a disco song not too bad after all, but not among my favs.
Sweden, omg really? You'd better try with Mans every year, listen to me!
France, I didn't like it but I was surprised he sang in English too! I thought France would never accept to speak or sing in English! Well, good, I say.
Germany, seriously, I mean, I even liked the girl, but is this ESC material? She looked like a Japanese idol/Manga character that certainly did non scream 'Germany' to me...
Poland, talking only about the song and not the singer's weird look, yes, I liked the song, indeed.
Australia, I liked the song a lot, I just can't understand, why she doesn't comb back her hair, she'd look much better in my opinion.
Cyprus, it was cool, I liked it a lot, finally a bit of rock at the ESC.
Russia, I liked it, yes: they really studied the Eurovision contest and have learned from last year's victory: it reminded so much of Mans' performance, although of course different in a couple of ways, meaning he got more 'special effects' but not enough of Mans' charisma.
Spain, I liked her look :-p can't decide on the song, yet, I need to listen to it again.
I mean, the five Countries that go directly to the final have a great advantage, sure, because not all of them would actually get to the final if they were to be voted, but at the same time we've heard already all the other songs, but we hear their songs for the first time... just once.
Latvia, I liked this 'heartbeat' pop but would someone please buy these ESC singers some new clothes  please? His trousers are broken... how long is this fashion of broken clothes going to last?? Didn't they use to say that fashion changes very quickly? Then change please, once it was something, now it's just boring.
Since we're at it, would someone give them a mirror and a comb please? So many of them adopted the head-out-of-the-car-window look :-/ I didn't like it, personally.
Georgia, cool, again, like Cyprus, it was great to have a rock song!
Austria, she sang in French... for whatever reason, is she Austrian?
UK: is UK trying to recreate Jedward? Jokes aside, they were not bad, they played their part well, but they're very young and I did not like the song. I'm left now with only Ukraine and Italy.
Well, I do like Francesca Michielin, she sings well, but there are things to consider: 1-I think it's not enough to hear this song just once, I think it needs more time to be appreciated 2-she sang almost entirely in Italian, a fact that guarantees from the start 'she will not win' 3-there was no show at all, which is good in a song contest, but it's not enough for the ESC, and she even dressed like a tree! Personally I didn't get the link between the song and her dress, and the whole 'nature-thing' going on around her, and the seed (?) in her hand at the end..
About Ukraine, it was not my favourite song but I liked it, and I can appreciate the fact that only half of it is in English, but the chorus is not. It's a bit different, not the usual pop-song.
I enjoyed the two semi-finals more than the final for these two reasons:
-they were shorter; -the final, In Italy, aired on a different channel (the major one!) and unfortunately I could not switch to the original audio and I really couldn't bear the incessant blabbering of the two men commenting the show and talking over the singer's postcard, over the show-hosts, over every bit of the show that was not the contest songs themselves.
I hit the mute, they just wouldn't stop blabbering.  Aaaargh.
One last thing, I liked Petra and Mans, both charming professionals. He's also quite hot, and she's nice beautiful and funny :-)
I liked them throughout the show, all three nights. :-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento