sabato 29 ottobre 2016

My fake fiancé - 2009

I like it. I like Melissa Joan Hart, she's funny, I'd like to see her in more movies :-) and I really hope that  people can accept her all grown up and won't keep seeing her as teenage Sabrina, since sometimes these things happen. Here she plays Jennifer, while Joey Lawrence plays Vince. They did a series together, "Melissa and Joey" I think, but I'd like to see her in something else too.
The plot is nothing too original, but the movie is nice.
Jennifer loses all her possessions, while Vince has a big gambling debt (the only thing I didn't like, not a bit, is this: the boss and his two men, too silly for my taste: there should be a limit!) so they have an idea: pretend to get married to get all the gifts and share the money. I think she was going to keep all the presents, while he was to keep all the cash.
It starts well, but day after day they get to know and like each other, and they both fall (secretly) in love with each other. They are both good people and they bring out the best in each other. As plot goes, this is basically it, very easy, quite plain, no big switch at any point.
The bits with the gangster and his two men were useless and stupid, they were too unreal.
Jennifer was nice and with a big family who took to Vince quickly and warmly. Vince loves his mother but doesn't have a relationship with his father, who also had a gambling problem, but Vince will stop now, of course. Still, Vince will force himself to ask him for money because her family was paying for everything, and they were a regular family, not rich.
The best part was: every time a member of her family praised her choice, stating how sure they were of his love for her; her sister saying she can clearly see the love in his eyes every time he looks at her... and all the time Jennifer was feeling guilty and miserable because she was having second thoughts, feeling remorse about deceiving her family so.
She told Vince she "doesn't want to marry a man who doesn't love her" and this too was nice because she didn't say "a marriage without love" or "a man I don't love" :-p she only thought that he didn't love her, but she knew she loved him, and maybe was twice miserable for that.
I like it because so often is easier to understand the feelings of others when they don't concern us, but when we are involved it's all more difficult :-p
At the wedding,  he doesn't read the vows she wrote for him, instead he gives a speech 'from the heart', telling her how he fell in love with her, and when it's her turn to read what he wrote for her, the only words on the card are "will you marry me for real?" and he kneels down and offers a ring waiting for the answer. She gives another speech, on the same tone as he did, then says yes and they kiss and the priest has to do all the rest quickly because they won't stop kissing :-) It was nice indeed. I like Melissa a lot,  I hope to see more of her :-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento