lunedì 22 gennaio 2018

Agatha Christie's Poirot: The mystery of Hunter’s Lodge

I didn’t like this one, too dark, all indoors with no light, and so many names I couldn’t associate with faces… but that’s just me. It’s just too messy for my taste. There are a few nice scenes involving Poirot-Japp-Hastings, but that’s it. The mystery is not well dealt with, maybe it would require more time, I don’t know. 
It starts with people hunting, while Poirot watches waiting for dinner. At Hunter’s Lodge he doesn’t enjoy it at all because he’s freezing, and is quite happy to leave as soon as he learns that he can :-p
What do you know, he’s a man with the flu : “I am a corpse waiting to die, I shall not survive” yeah yeah… *rollingeyes*
A man gets shot at the Lodge, but since he’s ill he tells Hastings to handle it: “it’s not a cold, it’s a deadly fever” …
Apparently the Lodge housekeeper is nowhere to be found, and Roger seems the obvious suspect, specially when he won’t reveal what he was doing when his uncle was killed, but later he admits he was talking to a Lord-something about a gambling debt. 

Soon Poirot reveals that Ms Zoe was the housekeeper Mrs Middleton with a disguise, nobody ever saw them together, and Zoe killed him… I’m not sure I understood the involvement of the other men, Roger and Archie… maybe because I didn’t find it so interesting to know after all.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento