domenica 13 aprile 2014

Doctor Who Partners in crime - Love!!

Just rewatched it to cheer me up. I love it. Is that possible in this world to find someone that doesn't love David Tennant? Is that possible? I mean, I understand everyone is different, everyone has their own opinion and likes, but seriously. David. Tennant. He seems to me the nicest person in the whole world. I'd watch anything with David Tennant.
But I digress. The episode. I love the fact that Donna is searching for him because she regrets having declined his offer to go with him. Of course she is, of course she does. Not only he's the Doctor, he's David Tennant!
Anyway, I also love the fact that she's not in love with him. She loves him as a friend, but not romantically, which is kind of a relief. Until now, everyone who met the Doctor was in love with him in a sec : Rose, than Captain Jack, than Martha. Than that nurse in love with human John Smith (who could blame her), than Astrid Peth ... but not Donna.
Very funny the way they met. I can't understand what she's miming in the end. I understand the beginning of it ( Doctor, it's me. I can see that. I was looking for you.) then she starts making strange gestures, which I don't think even the Doctor is able to understand.
I love the bit at the beginning, in the Tardis, when he starts talking, then he realizes he's alone and stops. It's not fun to be alone, poor Doctor.
Also when he's about to put together the two sonic devices, I love how he says "nor me. Let's find out". Love it!
Needless to say I always watch it in english, because his voice is great, I love it, and the dubbing doesn't do him justice. They made a mistake there, it's so not him.
Anyway. I loved Donna's speech about : I had a day with you and it seemed like everything was going to change, I was going to do so much, then I woke up the next day and it was the same old life" Oh Donna, that's so real and so true.
In every series of DW there's also a story that keeps going through all the episodes, leaving clues here and there. In this series, it's the continuing mentions of planets disappearing. "How can a planet disappear?" , well Doctor, just you wait and you'll find out.
Every time I say or write "well"  in my head I hear it in David Tennant's voice. :p

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento