domenica 5 aprile 2015

Before sunrise - 1995

It was... nice, yeah. There were good moments and others where I thought they talked too much, which I admit is silly because the whole plot is: the two of them talk for a whole night! Well, it's actually: American boy and French girl meet on a train and start talking, then he must get out at Vienna's station, and asks her to keep him company until the next morning when he has a plane home. It's like 6pm and they walk around, talk, kiss, don't know if they go further or not, but then talk and walk again until the moment to say goodbye, when they propose to meet again there in six months. Will they or not? I don't know, the film ends here, but I heard they made a sequel, so I'll find out sooner or later. Both Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) were very pretty, and it's nice to watch a quiet, peaceful film with no special effects, for once. They just walk and talk about everything, from serious things to silly ones. They talk about life, about sex, about feminism,  about love and God and souls and parenthood and technology and loneliness and ex-partners and ... you know, lots of different things.
I liked many little pieces: the two men being sarcastic about the American guy not knowing German; the woman that reads Celine's hand was charming and kind of magnetic, I liked her. The guy that asked them money if they liked his poem, I liked him and I liked the poem. This surprised me.
The different expressions on Jesse and Celine's faces while he was reading it to them.. :-D
All the time except those moments, it was just the two of them talking. About everything. There were discussions more interesting and others less so, anyway I guess back in 1995 Celine had not watched a lot of shows like Criminal Minds , otherwise she would not have been so light and happy of her decision to remain in Vienna with him, with nobody on Earth knowing she was there, and I had a rapid image of a crime episode where her unidentified body was found in Vienna and nobody could tell anything about her... :-/
Anyway, don't think that I didn't like it. I did. I think that with another actor I would have liked it more, though. One day they might make a remake of this with maybe an English actor and a Spanish girl, or a Scottish man and an Italian girl... oh yes, I like this one. Remember to call me if you like the idea, okay? :-D

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento