domenica 13 settembre 2015

Boyhood

The never-ending movie! I thought it would never end, it was so boring. I liked the idea, it was fun to see this kid actually grow up in front of my eyes, but there was so much, really too much useless chatting! The characters were not likable. They were at first, I enjoyed it for a while. The child Mason Jr is the only protagonist, and the others mean nothing. He lives with his older sister and his single mom. They live in Texas, and the father comes back from Alaska to see them after one and a half year, and it seems like everything is mom's fault, because she's difficult, according to him. She remarries to a professor with two kids just like hers, the four kids bond, it might be a nice family, but he drinks, more and more, he shouts more and more, and when he becomes violent she leaves him taking her kids away, unable to do anything for the other two. We'll never hear of them again. She finishes school and starts teaching. Easy. The sister goes to college, mom finds a new man, who this time is actually right when he scolds Mason, because he goes out at night, comes back when he wants not even bothering to call... he cares about nothing an nobody. Dad has now a wife and a baby. At sixteen Mason receive's from dad's family a bible and a new suit to go to church, and a rifle. Yep. It must be a cultural thing I guess.
New mom's partnere (or husband, it's not clear) gives him a photo camera and he'll be forever interested in photography. I have no idea what happens to the man because suddenly he's not there anymore. I guess it didn't work out. Mason graduates and goes to college. Mom is all: good, I'll find a small apartment just for me, to start my new life alone, then loses it when he's actually about to leave, seeing herself already dead, her life over... which is a bit exaggerated, since she's like 40 to 45 now (at 23 she was either pregnant or giving birth, to one o the two children) .Every time Mason spends time with his father, Senior goes on and on, chatting me to death, as if it was a bad copy of "Before Sunrise". With those mustaches he insists on telling me that he hate Bush and McCain and support Obama, which is not what I expected from such fans of weapons, so you see, you can never know. Mason loved Harry Potter but didn't read Twilight, and things like that.
So many words that actually say nothing, so many bad words, so many words in general, but not from Mason. Only a couple of times he chats so much saying nothing that at the end that girl leaves him.
Finally, he goes to college, looking with hope at his future ( I say) and the movie ends. Thank you! Booooring. I expected much better. I was damn glad to switch off the tv! No, I didn't like it like this. The idea was good, but it came out pointless. It was one hour too long, full of useless things, and lacking any sign that this kid had a soul or was interested in something. It was so long at some point I simply wanted to get it over with. Now I've seen it, ok, that's done. I'll never ever watch it again in my entire life, be sure of that!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento