domenica 13 settembre 2015

Invictus

I like this movie and I love the story, to think that it is true, it's amazing. It's incredible to think that a man really was so great, I mean that it is easy to talk about ideals when you don't have the power, saying that you want it to help the Country, but it's incredible that a man really did that after gaining the power!
Morgan Freeman is the perfect choice to play Nelson Mandela, he's great. Matt Damon plays the captain of the rugby team of SouthAfrica, and I know he was praised for his accent, or something like that, but I can't judge about that because I have no idea how a real SouthAfrican accent should be.
The president calls him to talk, "I think he wants us to win the world cup", and he follows every game with hope. He really counts on this world cup because millions of people will be watching and because it'll help to bring the Country together, all supporting the same team. The title is apparently taken from a poem Mandela repeated to himself in prison: his invincible soul..
The only thing that doesn't convince me are the sport scenes. Obviously there are a lot of those, and that would be ok for me, I like rugby, but they are not done very well. I can't believe I'm saying such a thing of a Eastwood movie, but honestly that didn't feel like a real rugby game, every scene was so forced, so fake.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento