lunedì 11 aprile 2016

Legion - 2010

Oh I like it, the battle, the angels, the little old lady crawling on the walls like a demonic spider-person, and of course him, Michael, the rebel archangel, who cut off his wings and came to protect humanity (not each human) against the apocalypse (or extermination, like he calls it), sexy Paul Bettany who would be just perfect if only he could get a bit of voice out, I mean 'louder please, what on Earth are you saying??? '
Anyway, I like the story: God is very rightly disgusted with humanity, and not for the first time. He once sent a flood, now he sends his angels. All the weak humans are possessed and try to annihilate everyone. Archangel Gabriel obeys the order, but Michael feels it's not right, he suffers but can't help it. God once told them to love 'us' and now how can he ask them to kill 'us'?
In some mysterious way the baby of still-pregnant waitress Charlie is the key, he's important, he's humanity's only hope or something like that, and Michael protects her until the baby's born. Actually he should have killed him, but as I said he disobeys because he still has faith in the people, and I like the speech he gives to Jeep (how can he be called Jeep???): "my love for mankind was no less than his... I have watched you kill each other over race or greed, waging war over dust and rubble and the words in old books. Yet, in the midst of all this darkness, I see some people who will not give up, even when they know all hope is lost...I see you Jeep...you love a woman who bears the child of another and you love her even though you know she may never love you the way you love her.You, Jeep, you're the reason I still have faith" and he says this to his face :lol:
So, the baby is born, everyone in that diner in the desert in the middle of nowhere dies, only Jeep Charlie and the baby are alive. Michael helps them escape, but in the battle that follows he's killed by Gabriel who still has his bulletproof wings. It was not a fair fight and he says "you wanted to live like them, you will die like them". You #@#
Michael's body disappears and Gabriel goes after the baby. Charlie refuses to surrender her child to him, and Jeep attacks Gabriel to protect her. When Gabriel is about to kill Jeep, here it comes in a bright white light my Michael, alive and whole again, God saved him and forgave him. Gabriel doesn't understand why. "You gave him what he asked for, I gave him what he needed" is the answer.
Then they battle and in a fair fight Michael wins in a moment, but doesn't kill his opponent.
Gabriel:"I would not have shown you such mercy" : yes we know you #@#
and Michael "I know. That's why you failed him"
Then Michael tells Jeep to protect Charlie and the baby because he's the protector, always has been.
Last scene, we see Jeep and Charlie (and baby of course) driving away smiling in a car full of weapons :-p
Well, this means the battle goes on? Weak people will keep being possessed by whatever turns them into monsters?

I didn't write any name, did I? Well:
Michael-Paul Bettany of course
Jeep-Lucas Black
Charlie-Adrianne Palicki
Kyle (a divorced father who tried to protect a child, only the boy was possessed and killed him)-Tyrese Gibson
Percy(diner's cook, a good man)-Charles S. Dutton
Howard (first to die, and in quite a way too: first the little old demonic lady bites off half his neck, then he's dragged away by the horde outside, sort of crucified upside-down under the sun right out of the diner (don't know why the boils full of acid)  until he finally explodes killing poor Percy)-Jon Tenney (the one from The Closer right?)
Bob(Jeep's father, owner of the diner)-Dennis Quaid
Gladys(the demonic old lady)-Jeanette Miller
Gabriel-Kevin Durand, that according to IMDB was in a lot of films I've seen but I just can't remember him. I looked him up because I thought I had seen him somewhere but I still can't place him...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento