lunedì 4 aprile 2016

World figure skating championship 2016

Beautiful. I loved it. I watched almost all of what aired on tv, I only missed the Ladies free dance unfortunately. I love figure ice skating, although I didn't like all this year's programs.
My favourite skater is and will always be Yuzuru Hanyu: I mean, how good is he?? I love how he feels the music, how smooth he skates, how light he seems while jumping... he's perfect, he's everything I love about ice-skating. Here he made a few mistakes and was only second but I don't care, to me he's the best since the first time I saw him, I love his style, and anyway it probably wasn't simple for him to skate with all the media pressure (after the world records) and after Javier did the program of his life.
Javier Fernandez is a big champion and everything, sure, blah blah blah, I know, but he's just not my style.
Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot (Germany), third place. I knew she was good, now that she has another partner I was surprised to see how good he is and how good they are together, and it was a pleasure to watch them because they were great together and because skaters usually look concentrated, determined, things like that, but here she was shining, she looked happy, having fun, doing something she loves, she reminded me of myself the rare occasions I get to dance. I'm really happy for their third place. maybe I shouldn't because the Italians were fourth, but honestly I don't like this "dolce vita" program.
Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (I hope I wrote it right). I didn't know them but they were very good, and I loved their exhibition, it was lovely. (music: Champagne sung by Bocelli)
The Shibutanis, I always love them but unfortunately I hate that Coldplay song :-/
Cappellini/LaNotte: I usually love them, but I don't like this free program, sorry. I still love their "Dance of the hours" though. Lovely.
Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri: I knew they couldn't win, but they did really well (10) and I love their programs, both short dance and "schindler's list" free program.
Papadakis/Cizeron (France) They won the gold and I agreed, I liked their program and they were great. I also liked their exhibition (and her shorts :lol:), it was fun and sexy.
Bojang Jin, I think they should give him programs a little more... rock. He would probably do better artistically.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento