lunedì 18 aprile 2016

Scream 3 - 2000

It was on tv, there was nothing else, so I watched it, I sure didn't go looking for it! I only watched it out of curiosity, I never really believed it could be any good, of course. Well, I'm not a big fan of horror movies in general, but this is not a horror movie, anyway, and if I remember correctly I liked a good half of the first Scream.
In this third Scream we meet again old characters Sid, Gale, and Dewey. The story: the third movie inspired by the Woodsboro murders is being made, and it's called "Stab 3", (do I laugh or do I cry? ah the dilemma) . When the actors start dying, murdered, cop Kincaid (Patrick Dempsey) calls for Gale's help (Courteney Cox), who meets Dewey (David Arquette) at the Studios, working for the show. Sidney (Neve Campbell) is now in hiding, alone somewhere (why? at the end of each movie a killer is caught right? I don't remember Scream 2, I'm not even sure if I've ever watched it or not, but did they catch him or not at the end??). The killer leaves pictures of Sid's mother, and also calls her on her phone, so she comes back and joins the investigation. One by one all the actors are killed (at least 6). The killer takes Gale and Dewey prisoners instead of killing them to lure Sidney in. She goes and there's the final showdown, face to face, between her and a whining psychopath (Scott Foley) complaining because "mommy didn't want me" : basically the big surprise is that Sid has a brother, born after her mom was raped, who tracked her down and was rejected, so he killed her (?) and then lots of other people who had nothing to do with it (?) until Sid and then Dewey stop him. Of course not one but two women had said he was dead (we saw Gale checking) but who cares about details and coherence in this kind of movie. It's not like they're expected to make sense right? :-/
By the way, how come in movies people always find out the identity of their real parents, or stuff like that, shouldn't it be kept a secret?
Anyway, I find only two positive things to say about this movie: here and there it was sort of funny to have together Gale and actress-impersonating-Gale, investigating or screaming side by side, or running hand in hand. Second thing: the ending, the last scene is not bad, with Sid coming inside the house to watch a movie with Gale and Dewey back together and also cop Kincaid (are they living all together now?) and not turning on the alarm at the door, even not caring when the wind opens the front door. Instead she smiles, because she doesn't have to fear anymore, she's safe and doesn't need to jump at any sudden movement anymore. She's finally safe and at peace.
That's it, all the rest was worth nothing.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento