lunedì 13 ottobre 2014

Godzilla - 2014

I was so excited to watch this movie, I read the 'monster' Godzilla was to be like it was when it was created, I thought it'd be amazing: wow, Godzilla! Then I started watching it...saw a man and his little boy...I waited and saw that boy all grow up with his family...I waited and I saw that young man going to save his crazy father...  I waited and saw for a moment a strange monster cause trouble... I waited and saw a lot of man talk about "what can we do?"... I waited and I saw a soldier among soldiers trying to reach his wife...I waited and saw said wife sending her little boy to safety and waiting for her husband... I waited and saw more talking, I had enough of waiting but finally there it was,Godzilla vs bad monsters, and in a few minutes it was over and Godzilla was gone, and I was left with the soldier worried about his wife, but obviously finding her alive and then husband,wife and son held in a big hug in a very american-style-happy-ending.
Conclusion : it was so boring. When I read Godzilla in the title I hoped to see Godzilla, is that so strange? But I saw it for like two minutes and it was gone. The rest was the classic stereotype american movie, where it didn't matter too much what the monsters were doing, or how the rest of the world was doing, it only mattered that our young hero wanted to complete a mission and then get back to his wife, and that's why finding her alive is the real happy ending. That's nice, but it's also the classic storyline of movies done following a pre-existed list of points to follow. Storyline I've seen dozens of times, it's not so very interesting any more, not if there's nothing else, nothing more to see.
So disappointed. :-( It was a real disappointment, that's what it was!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento