mercoledì 15 ottobre 2014

The devil wears Prada - 2006

I don't know why it was such a big success, I didn't like it very much. I liked the outfits, of course, but I didn't liked Anne Hathaway's character at all. She gets a job as the assistant of the editor of a big fashion magazine, but thinks all about fashion is stupid and for dumb people, although after a little while she gets thrust deep into it, starting almost to change who she is, before coming back to her senses and leaving the job to someone that actually wants to do it.
The editor was played by Meryl Streep, which means no other comments are necessary, and there's also Stanley Tucci, which I like very much and was very nice here too, as always. He had a nice character, too.
But I didn't like her, Andy, Hathaway's character, and since it was all about her, I didn't like much the whole thing. I didn't like the fact that she took the job, but then kept putting down the whole fashion business as dumb, while around her there are people working, and people who'd die to have her job. Why then did she take it in the first place?
Ok stop, I'm not having fun talking about this film. I watched it to see what the fuss was all about, and the only answer I got is: the clothes.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento