lunedì 22 dicembre 2014

Legend - 1985

I watched Legend tonight, for the first time. Yeah, I had never seen it, can you believe it? It's a real shame, because I would have loved it years ago. I can still recognize the things I would have loved, but unfortunately I'm all grown up now, and all is different, the magic doesn't shine like it did when I was fifteen and still believed that there was magic in the world, that good always triumph, that most people are good, and all that kind of silly things. I can still see how I would have loved Lily's dress (Mia Sara), and her running through the forest... I'm sure that's what I would have loved the most. I read in the credits that Tim Curry and Robert Picardo (!) were in this film, but I honestly have no idea what part they were playing. Young Tom Cruise was cute, sure, but the fighting scenes were kind of ridiculous: no surprise there, though, because I know only too well that every fantasy movie before the Peter Jackson-Lotr era was never taken seriously. Never.
The fights were boring and ridiculous, it seemed to me like they were so long! I wanted to fast-forward them, but it was on tv, so..
Anyway, I liked Cruise's character, wearing a mini dress to show the legs off (yeah, I know it was an armor, thank you, but it looked like a dress with a mini-skirt, and he had cute legs :-p ), although honestly they should have chosen another name, I mean: Jack?? Come on, he is described like a son of the forest, a guy that knows all the secrets of the forest... and he's named Jack? Poof, magic's gone!
Lily is a perfect copy of SnowWhite, young, beautiful, pure heart, loves Nature, loves the forest and the animals... I liked her. Pretty, innocent, with a very pretty dress that moves in a lovely way when she walks or runs.
I liked it enough, watching it with the right spirit, but it's a pity I didn't watch it before. I wanted to, it just never happened.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento