lunedì 18 maggio 2015

10.0 Earthquake

Such low quality. Really, a very little movie. Not really bad... I mean, it is  bad, but there's worse, if that can be of any consolation.
So, it's the story of a very BIG earthquake in Los Angeles, basically everything down the city is breaking up and it's all falling down. Very little tremors, but serious, and sudden, holes, which are the only special effect we see. A few holes. They must have had a very low budget, for sure.
Now to the characters. We meet Jack (Henry Ian Cusick), about to divorce and with an 18 years old daughter = obviously he'll have to save one or both of them and save his marriage too.
The daughter Nicole (Heather Sossaman) is on a trip with some "friends" and again it is all so obvious that the big bully with no security belt will sooner or later be thrown out of the car, and also that Nicole and the nerd guy Teddy (Joey Luthman) will be the only survivors. Of course. Then there is Gladstone (Jeffrey Jones), a scientist who never stops talking and shouting, and a few others to fill up the movie.
The screenplay is very basic, easy, nothing difficult for any screenwriter. The end was incredible: throughout all the movie they had been saying: stop the machines, stop that fracking activities that are tearing Los Angeles apart! Then they finally get there, and Ritter the bnoss of the company doesn't want to let them in, he wants the work to go on really badly, it seems. Apparently he knows nothing of what is going on in the city.
They all go in anyway and the scientists all of a sudden go: "don't stop it, make it go faster (or whatever, with maximum energy..)" ! and Ritter is all "I did this, it's all my fault, now I must redeem myself by helping the hero save the city. This way, if I go with him, I'll be able to sacrifice my own life so save his, so that he'll go back to his family and get the story its happy ending".
There's very little tremors but a lot of shouting. It certainly is not the film I'll watch again, ever, in my life. I've never seen before any of these actors, but I wish for them that this is not the peak of their career...
After all, it's all quite boring and plain.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento