martedì 26 maggio 2015

A good year - 2006

Nothing special. Not bad either. A nice film, that's all. I'm not sure Russell Crowe was the best choice for this role, honestly. He seemed a bit out of place. He's a good actor, yes, and played his part, but I think this was not his best role.
I'm not fond of this film, I find it a bit boring. Max Skinner (Russell Crowe) is supposed to be a finance genius, but also something of a soulless bastard, to his own admission, but it's never explained to us why he left his uncle and never saw him again, since it seems like as a child he was very fond of him. It's never explained what path brought him so far away, geographically and spiritually.
Fanny (Marion Cotillard) was the best part of the movie, she was a good choice for the part indeed.
Max is determined to sell his uncle's chateau, that he just inherited, and he does, but all of a sudden he has a change of heart and decides to stay. The power of love, I guess, but just the love for Fanny or also the love for his uncle? That wasn't stopping him until a few minutes before.
The story lacks dephs, in my opinion, and I would have seen a different kind of actor for the role of Max.
Ita: Un'ottima annata

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento