martedì 11 settembre 2018

Only connect

I like it a lot. I very rarely know the answers, but I like it anyway :-) Victoria Coren now Mitchell too is hilarious :-) and I like how clearly she speaks :-)
There are smart people and nice games, I love the missing vowels round although I agree with many other people that it gives out a lot of points compared to round 1 and 2, those two rounds should have different scores I think, they should weigh more on the results. Of course the possibility of losing points in the vowels round sort of levels it a bit, but still, the 'connecting' rounds should be more relevant, given the show title.
Also, I'd like the missing vowels round not to be a time one but a fixed number of guesses, because in a time round they tend to speak so quickly that it's not always clear what they say, so it's basically all about what Victoria hears and what she decides.
Anyway, the missing vowels game is the only one where I often get more points than them :-p

The thing that annoys me most though is the luck-factor, I'd like a show based only on knowledge and not on luck: most of the connections are impossible to get at the first clue - not hard but impossible, because most of the time it is a name or a number or a clue that only makes sense if compared to the others, but that could mean anything or nothing by itself.


I wonder if anyone has done the statistics because it seems to me like the music question is almost always the Lion one.. and I'd put the TwoReeds one in second place.. I'd like to know but at the same time I can't be bothered to watch it all again to count it myself :-p

Of course with my bad memory I never remember dates or names and having never been to the Uk I don't know their streets or schools.. I mean, it's so rare that I can answer something that whenever I know something I feel like a winner, and if I manage to end the show with ten points it's a total victory (of course at home I don't have to beat anybody and I have more questions than the teams..). I don't list what I knew or didn't know, too long (I mean sometimes I don't even understand the explanation) only the things that are more peculiar :)

After watching a few series I can't help wondering if it's normal to always have quizzes in pubs..


I saw:
Specials:
-Winners special 2009
-children in need 2010
-winners special 2011
-university challenge special 2011
crossworders - university challengers --- 17-11 ; 22-17 my goodness I can't believe it, I read comments about Victoria flirting, seducing, harassing... I watched the whole episode and all she did was a sigh and the word lovely during the introduction of the young university team.... poor fragile men, if they think that's harassing they should try being a woman for a day :-/
-comic relief 2011
-children in need 2011
great believers (with Nick Hornby) - free speakers (with John Sessions) --- 13-17 ; 16-20
-wall night special 2011
courtiers - knitters - 4-7 choir boys - editors: 4-5 - archers admirers - technologists: 4-5 - hitchhikers - travel writers: 4-2 -
-wall night special 2011
-winners special 2012
epicureans - crossworders --- the teams are both so clever that they can't see the easy questions :lol: I spotted the wall-colours at once - 7-15 ; 14-15
-mastermind special 2012
-sport relief 2012
cutters (with Marc Gatiss and Nick Hornby, and what looked like their secret weapon Samira Ahmed)  backhanders (with Stephen Mangan) --- 22-15 ; 28-20
-children in need 2012
goldfingers - fowls (with Richard Osman who calls her Vicky, and a Clarke Carlisle who seems to be cute and smart... a football player? really?) --- 19-19 ; 21-26
-children in need 2013
scrabblers/the balding team ---20-20 tiebreak - 20-21
-comic relief 2013
neuromantics - muppets (with David Mitchell: Victoria"honestly he was happier when he was single" :lol: ) - how could they not get the songs-for-tv-shows-titles, when they have someone who IS in Would I lie to you? parts of a body?!? - I was shouting Earnest, the other one is 'a woman of no importance', they're final words, come on! but they didn't hear me... well, considering they did it five years ago it's not surprising :lol: - 16-15 ; 25-17 rather an easy missing vowels round, I knew them all but the 'appian way' because I wasn't ready to know them in English.
-sports relief 2014
scribblers (with Charlie Brooker) - terriers --- 19-18; 18-25
-children in need 2014
noggins - curiosities --- (can't believe it took them so long to answer the tequila question.. I'm not a tequila drinker, not really my company's theme, and yet I knew it from the first clue. I can accept the answer after the second, but no more, and quick..) - 18-16 ; 22-18
-comic relief 2015
water babies - tillers --- 14-18 ; 14-27
-children in need 2015
music monkeys (again with David Baddiel, who has no idea what Yakuza means..) - chess pieces (again with Hugh Dennis - I don't know A.N. Wilson but I like how he talks) -
19-16 ; 23-16
-sport relief 2016
royal III (with John Cooper Clark and David Baddiel) - bbc (with Julian Lloyd Webber and Hugh Dennis; JLW didn't seem to me much of a team player..) -  I don't know the names or dates of all the wars (there were so many in this world..) but when I saw Peter Davison and Peter Capaldi in one clue and the second was 06:12 I thought 5-12 and 6-12? :-p -  'Samuel Ratchett' and for once I got it at clue one :-) - 19-12 ; 21-17


series 7:
corpuscles - cat lovers (love how after another question she came back ‘do you check your testicles before leaving the house? :lol: )  - A clockwork orange... I always knew it as clockwork orange... not really fair I think  17-18
cartophiles - celts (read kelts)  (mjollnir excalibur sting and hrunting the weapons - not swords - I got that one) and the audrey hepburn movies, I got all four at missing vowels, also 3 of 10-letter occupations plus other 2 ------- 24-28
francophiles (but don’t speak french) (with sam goodyear) - festival fans (with marianne fairthorne) --
in the connecting wall there were four Bette Midler movies, and when Victoria said that everybody cries watching Beaches Stewars McCartney said “I cried at Love actually so...” :lol: 23-20
general practitioners (the doctors) - fell walkers ----- 22-28
corpuscles - cartophiles - 26-26 then 26-27
general practitioners - festival fans ---- when Victoria says that BackToTheFuture is the greatest movie ever made, and Jo Durrant suggest DirtyDancing :-) love them both :-) - is there a tea called gunpowder???  28-30  
celts - cat lovers ---- Finally a Star Trek question! :-p I got the sequence right away, if 4th is Chakotay than 1st is Spock!!  23-13
francophiles - fell walkers --- this wall: I was thinking of the BadBoys with WillSmith, didn’t know there was an older one with SeanPenn... 22-10 before vowels--  27-16
festival fans - cat lovers ---12-15 before vowels--20-20 tiebreak--21-20
cartophiles - fell walkers ---9-11 before vowels--15-13
festival fans - celts --- 12-14 before vowels. 16-20
francophiles - cartophiles --- 23-16 before vowels --  29-19

final= francophiles - celts ---- 13-11 before vowels -- 22- 14


series 8:
laslett 25 : emma the girl who knows five languages
- pilots 21
globetrotters 21 - board gamers 26 
science editors 10 - oenophiles 28
press gang 21 - bakers 24 :-)
pilots 25 - globetrotters 28
press gang 17 - science editors 17 tie break - science editors win.
lasletts 28  - board gamers 18 
oenophiles 27  -  bakers 15
science editors 12  -  board gamers 21 (monopoly fight ‘it causes fights at xmas’ & michael wallace : causes 75% of broken homes “and you can take that as a fact I am a statistician” best of series :p  (It appears that they think papa means italian father :-p no, no, that's so wrong, that’s papà)
globetrotters (with suda perera) - bakers   (they said that red-haired means Rossi as in the popular surname.... well not exactly, that could be better said reds)
globe stole water wall because bakers like water, they did 6 others 7 and won for 1 point :-p 19-20
oenophiles - board gamers --- (black shirt-camicia nera - that’s a t-shirt...) oenophiles kept trying the same combination in wall over and over... 10-24 !! jamie always look like he know nothing...
lasletts - bakers ---- wanted them both in final :( ----- feeling of utter regret to spell four :lol:  18-23
Final= bakers - board gamers (!) - (they didn’t solve the kobayashi maru test, kirk cheated, both times, he didn’t solve it - if you know the answers you’re not really winning, you’re cheating!) - 
(sorry they couldn’t both win :8 but glad that they were those who loved the lion wall and those who wanted the water.. perfect pairing) both 10 in walls! 19-20 and then: 21-28! incredible!

series 9:
heath family - exhibitionists ---20-9 before vowels. 22-14
europhiles - relatives --- 11-9 before vowels. 17-14
welsh learners - software engineers --- (nobody recognized Alonso! this is a first when I know a picture and they don't) - 25-10 then 30-14
erstwhile athletes - record collectors --- 11-18 - 19-24
relatives - exhibitionists --- 13-10 then 21-15
erstwhile athletes - software engineers 13-18 then 19-24
heath family - europhiles ---6-13-- 8-21
welsh learners - record collectors --- 13-15 - 20-18 
heath family - software engineers --- 7-13 -- 10-16
relatives - record collectors --- 19-7--- 26-11
welsh learners - relatives --- 13-13 then 15-18
europhiles - software engineers (the girl Anne always freaks me out..) - 6-8 ; 11-7
Final: europhiles - relatives --- (I can't believe I didn't think of the right answer to 'Monaco Stoccarda Colonia Berlino', I read the Italian names for those cities so spontaneously that didn't realize that it was not normal in a British show... well, it was 1am when I watched it but still...)
9-9 then 16-10

series 10:
politicos - felinophiles --- (going to the left or moving clockwise are not the same thing, and yet she accepted it.. she herself admitted that going left or right depends on where you are but she had already said yes..) - 12-18 then 14-24
history boys - oxonians --- 20-14 then 28-19
wandering minstrels - gallifreyans --- 11-19 ; 12-26
qi elves - bibliophiles --- 12-19 then 16-23
coders (with Zoe,the one that reminds me of my granma, when she was young of course) - gamesmasters --- 12-19 then 13-30
chessmen - linguists (with Gail La Carbonara :p and Tom Fassnidge who reminds me of Michael Keaton)  ---  19-22 then 24-26
orienteers - romantics --- (Victoria: like dating: 4th stage=full abduction :lol: ) 20-19 - 33-21
nørdiphiles - nightwatchmen --- (at least this time I spotted the Italian connection :-p) - 18-23; 28-26
politicos - oxonians (the ones with the mouse-loving guy) --- 19-22; 24-33
wandering minstrels - chessmen ---- 15-15  ; 21-25
coders - romantics --- 18-14 ; 24-24
qi elves (currently at series L and paid in biscuits :p) - nightwatchmen --- 17-13 ; 24-18
history boys - felinophiles --- (at the wall: choose lion or water; water please; really?? what kind of felinophiles are you? :lol:) - 21-16 ; 29-20
linguists - gallifreyans --- (I can't believe that having never played Risk, not even sure what that is, I guessed right 12Asia :p) ; 11-17 ; 14-20
orienteers - gamesmasters (Filip Drnovšek Zorko really solved a Rubiks cube in 20 seconds! I mean, I know some people can do it, but to me that was magic!) ---  (it made me laugh that, as soon as 'estate' came up, they read it in English and I read it in Italian, and it turned out to actually be the Italian seasons :p also to hear foreigners speak Italian makes me feel much better about my English :p not mocking, he said it well, but still :lol: ) - 19-14 ; 22-19 :(
nørdiphiles - bibliøphiles --- (a wall with Agatha Christie books :-D thanks) (loved it when Victoria couldn't help but laughing :D often pregnant women cry so laughing is good thing I guess :D) - 12-11 ; 16-12
chessmen - felinophiles (sometimes he speaks soooo sloooowly) --- Monstrous Regiment! I knew that one :)  15-13 ; 19-19 = an easy one that took both a lot of time but at the end 20-19
linguists - oxonians --- (loved it when Victoria read the Toothache poem with an accent :lol:) - 21-19 then 27-25 :)
bibliophiles - gamesmasters ---  19-16 ; 20-22
qi elves - coders --- Doctor's first lines!!! :D - 13-8 ; 18-11
history boys - linguists --- 15-11  ; 19-18
orienteers - gamesmasters --- 16-11 ; 22-18
nørdiphiles - qi elves --- 17-20 ; 21-23
chessmen - gallifreyans --- 17-19 ; 25-22
chessmen - history boys --- 21-12 ; 27-18
orienteers - qi elves --- I kept supporting the elves, but Simon Spiro of the orienteers was really good, so it was an earned 19-7 ; 25-10 . I love the elves though.
orienteers - chessmen ---- was Victoria trying a Welsh accent at the beginning? - 15-15 ; 20-16

series 11:
cluesmiths - operational researchers --- 19-15 ; 27-20
polyglots - yorkers (with Alasdair Middleton the guy who owns chickens, which impressed Victoria) --- 18-18 ; 20-21
spaghetti westerners - mixologists (with Ewan MacAulay)--- 19-15 ; 25-24
collectors - railwaymen --- 9-17 ; 10-23
wayfarers - bookworms --- Terry Pratchett's books in the wall ! "I think we know what 95% of our viewers are getting for Christmas" :-p - 20-18 ; (Italian cheeses :p I got those :p and 5more)24-22
string session - headliners --- (cock is a term of endearment?? I read American Gods and got a totally different impression...) - 19-11 ; 25-16
road trippers - athenians --- (Terry and June, possibly the greatest show of all times, really? I never heard of it, I'll go looking for it because now I'm curious - also I had never heard of the song/nursery rhyme 'I know an old lady who swallowed a fly', really absurd, but it was fun when the guy sang the first verse and they all clapped - or at least Victoria did) - 14-16 ; 18-25
scientists - builders --- in the scientists' wall there were lots of Star Trek characters and yet not one connection was about them :-p - 23-8 ; 30-12
polyglots - operational researchers --- I got a picture connection, that doesn't happen often :-) and Helena-Bonham Carter, love her. 10-20 ; 13-25
collectors - mixologists --- 16-18 ; 22-24
headliners - bookworms --- I often wonder how far the images are from the contestants since they always seem to have difficulties seeing them well : at the Marco Polo picture I could read what was written in his book so I knew it was him: could they read it as well, I wonder? Don't think so..
18-13  ; 21-23
road trippers (they put glasses on for the fourth round, why not for the whole show? glasses are cool, I like glasses ) - builders --- 14-18 ; 18-28
cluesmiths - yorkers --- 17-20 ; 24-31
spaghetti westerners - railwaymen --- 12-13 ; 16-21
wayfarers (with the captain that sang Gold with passion) - string section (with the captain who refused to sing a single word) --- 17-14 ; 17-19
scientists - athenians --- 13-17 ; 18-16
cluesmiths - mixologists --- I didn't understand what they said when Victoria discussed Ewan't shirt "you've cat to be kitten me right meow" or something, but he said something that made everyone go ouououh but I didn't get it - 17-13 ; 22-14
spaghetti westerners - operational researchers --- 8-12 ; 10-17
wayfarers - builders --- Trek captains!!! the wayfarers found the dogs but the others didn't... -
19-13 ; 21-19
athenians - bookworms --- 20-16 ; 21-22
scientists - string section --- @=snail..of course, I didn't think of it that way... - 13-15 ; 15-23
yorkers - operational researchers --- 13-12 ; 20-16
cluesmiths - railwaymen --- 12-8 ; (so bold and bald actually have different pronunciations? I thought they sounded the same. So to say bald you must pronounce a long vowel... if they say so, ok) 17-9
wayfarers - bookworms --- 19-11 ; 25-15
cluesmiths - string section --- the 200th episode and Victoria kept eating the cake through all round 1 :p and Richard even sang a tiny little bit along with the others :p - 13-9 ; 14-14 = 14-15!
yorkers - wayfarers --- Alasdair was funny here, about Snoopzilla : "when he was rampaging through downtown Tokyo" :lol: - Victoria about 14 of July "birthday of the comedian David Mitchell, that's what most people would say but the question writers went for storming of the Bastille" :lol: -
15-14 ; 19-19 = 19-20 I liked both teams, but come on, they get such strange things and then they have difficulty with PHTFNSH=photofinish??
string section - wayfarers --- very difficult walls, one with words all starting with N and one with M.. I mean the principle is the same but somehow it's more confusing this way - 9-13 ; 15-12 !!
(I really liked to see the four musicians play the show theme, every show should have musicians!)

series 12:
tubers - bardophiles --- 21-12 ; 29-13
cosmopolitans (with the captain who likes to try bake-off recipes and sometimes reminds me of Delia, although cuter ) - taverners (with Simon Gibbons the astrophysicist who reminds me of Widdicombe) - 16-15 ; 23-18
psmiths (who applied singularly and were put together by the producers; has this every happened before? I didn't know people could apply without a team) - verbivores --- 21-13 ; 24-22
networkers - cousins --- Inigo Montoya and Harry Potter and Tony Montana, I knew that connection: yes, I know only the cultural ones :-p - 12-8 ; 18-13
shutterbugs - highgates --- 9-11 ; 15-11
korfballers - channel islanders --- 14-12 ; 25-13
bardophiles - taverners --- 11-18 ; 16-21
verbivores - channel islanders --- Elton's songs :lol: - 12-19 ; 23-22
fire-eaters - eurovisionaries --- (Victoria wanted them to sing all'alba vinceròvinceròòòò but they wouldn't, only the fire-eaters' captain started but since he was the only one he stopped :p) - 19-11 ; 26-14
wrestlers - clareites (Elysia Warner speaks ten languages and Italian is not one of those...) --- 10-15 ; 15-24
part-time poets - oscar men --- 18-16 ; 21-20
genealogists - surrealists --- (Victoria about Lionel Ritchie: he's incredibly attractive! he's no Portillo, but..  :lol: ) - 16-19 ; 22-26
maltsters - policy wonks --- 19-17 ; 21-23
scunthorpe scholars - beekeepers --- (a man, a plan, a canal:Panama! ?? what does this mean??) -
11-16 ; 14-24
maltsters - oscar men --- 13-22 ; 20-23
wrestlers - genealogists --- (when I first saw the movie Oscar back then I was rolling on the floor laughing, but then I was young..) 12-23 ; 21-23
cosmopolitans - tubers --- 15-15 ; 22-21
networkers - psmiths --- 14-16 ; 19-22
shutterbags - korfballers --- 18-17 ; 20-22
verbivores - taverners ( I like them, but couldn't they work out 7x4? how long do they need for that? Anyway, sorry to see them go, I liked them very much) --- I got the Harry Potter one at first clue, like Simon :-) - 10-16 ; 19-18
fire-eaters - clareites --- 17-10 ; 20-17
part-time poets - surrealists --- 18-17 ; 21-23
beekeepers - policy wonks --- Victoria says the Jeeves books are best books ever written in English... well if I find them I'll give them a go :-) - 16-12 ; 24-17
genealogists - oscar men --- 7-9 ; 11-17
fire-eaters - korfballers --- Victoria remembered Nick Kamen's Levi's spot :p that takes me back - 13-22 ; 15-27
surrealists - verbivores --- 18-13 ; 20-16 (what an obscure missing vowels round :-/ )
beekeepers - cosmopolitans --- 14-23 ; 19-26
psmiths - oscar men --- aeiou I love when there are Italian connections :-D - 12-10 ; 14-12
fire-eaters - verbivores --- 16-23 ; 22-26
beekeepers - oscar men --- 24-15 ; 29-19
surrealists - korfballers --- 21-12 ; 26-17
psmiths - cosmopolitans --- 9-19 ; 14-25
beekeepers - korfballers --- 12-20 ; 19-23
psmiths - verbivores --- (the pirates of the caribbeans characters were the only group I knew and they had no idea who they were...) - 11-20 ; 15-25
surrealists - verbivores --- 14-13 ; 15-17
korfballers - cosmopolitans --- 9-8 ; 14-15
verbivores - cosmopolitans --- did Victoria really drink four glasses during the show? Two during the first round only? Well, not my business, just curious - two walls with only numbers and they both got 10 points ! - 19-12 ; 26-18 oh, sorry that the girls lost,  I liked them :( ; nothing against the verbivores, well done.

series 13:
stewards (those with the green capes and the guy who doesn't eat potatoes) - parishioners (with the captain who reminds me of Forrest Gump and the bald guy with the cute smile and the shy-looking smart girl) --- the places where Tom Cruise is seen running :lol: - how can Peter be a way to say decline? - 10-17 ; 15-26
geocachers (with the sort-of-asian-looking-round-faced girl) - vikings (with the Patrick Swayze almost-but-actually-not-double)  ---  11-17 ; 20-21
snake charmers - extras --- 20-10 ; 26-12
eco-warriors - escapologists --- Italian singer Dolce? Who's that? Never heard of him :-/ -
23-20 ; 27-23
lapsed physicists - belgophiles --- can't believe they didn't get the 'amazing' one.. - 14-20 ; 21-25
meeples (the captain with her husband and her brother who quoted Hamlet) - tequila slammers --- 14-11 ; 20-16
cricketers - inquisitors (with Luke Kelly who never wears his glasses during the introduction and always puts them on at the first question) --- 18-18 ; 21-28
wanderers (with the guy who likes word-games because they make him happy :D) - pedagogues --- 23-13 ; 26-19 :-)
disparates - beaks (the three teachers, two of them married) --- I was very surprised that the disparates didn't know the Poirot characters! Everybody forgets who Miss Lemon is!  14-14 ; 13-20
dandies - gaffers --- 20-7 ; 25-9
arrowheads - wombles --- 15-11 ; 22-15
detectives - theatricals --- 16-14 ; 23-20
vikings - parishioners (what's the girl watching? a tablet?) --- 21-11 ; loved how the vikings laughed at 'cheap generic viagra' :lol: - 23-13
eco-warriors - snake charmers --- the coffee question: do they think that espresso means 'pressed' ? why? - I don't understand, how does 'man-of-war' mean Portugal? And 'practices means Spain?? what are they talking about? This show is too smart for me... - 12-16 ; 17-16
meeples - belgophiles --- Victoria was rather nice accepting the DD answer when it should have been D&D, I thought they were different things, before she explained it I thought they meant that there was a girl with the initials AA and a man with initials BB, but no, they were two people, A&A, B&B, so not the same thing actually.. usually she would have said 'have another go'... - 16-17 ; 21-22
wanderers - inquisitors --- Neil Gaiman's books! I got one in the wall :-) it's easy, nothing to boast about really, but this is me so it's something - 22-13 ; 25-20
dandies - beaks --- 15-12 ; 16-20
detectives - arrowheads --- 16-11 ; 19-18
meeples - parishioners --- I loved it when they sang all together :-) - 15-11 ; 23-15
snake charmers - inquisitors --- for the first time I got the music question :) I only knew two of the songs but 'seven seconds' and 'seven years' were enough :) - 12-18 ; 19-23
dandies - arrowheads --- I actually looked it up on youtube: the 1967 Grand National race, when the horse that had been last until the end actually won because all the others had fallen, a big pile up :lol: I had never seen such a thing :p I guess in those races the horse and the rider need to be together to win? The horse alone wouldn't be enough? - 20-12 ; 25-19
cricketers - escapologists --- 19-15 ; 21-23
meeples - inquisitors --- I loved it when the meeples captain sang American Pie and started off with but a whisper and her brother joined in for support and then she sang it :-) lovely - 22-19 ; 24-27
dandies - escapologists --- in the music sequence I only recognized Nat King Cole and thought 'what might come after a king?' but not knowing the other two I didn't think of the cards so I couldn't think of anything :/ It didn't occur to me in time to think that the ace beats the king... - 9-12 ; 17-19
ecowarriors - inquisitors --- 12-9 ; 14-17
wanderers - vikings --- (John Payne hates Ricky Gervais :p I don't know why I write that...) - 10-20 ; 19-25
detectives - escapologists --- 10-13 ; 12-23
belgophiles - beaks --- the annoying thing is that I knew all the pictures and yet I didn't think of the connection :-/ it was pope Benedict, Donald MacDonald, Dorothy in the wizard of Oz and a ballerina= they all wear red shoes..) - wait, did Victoria just comment 'Nonsense' after saying "Aragorn returns to claim the throne of Gondor"?? Sacrilege!! - 14-13 ; 20-15
wanderers - eco-warriors --- they all sang together Millennium :-) how nice :-) sure thing, you don't have to insist for John to start singing :-) good - I'm ashamed to say I didn't get the picture sequence Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because although I was thinking teenager and ninja, I kept thinking of specific x-men names, not just mutants... - 6-12 ; 11-17
detectives - beaks --- I found out that Italy runs on the Dilbert Principle: Victoria explained that incompetent people are promoted to the highest positions while the capable people do the work at the lowest levels; it's unfortunate that all the decisions are made by the highest levels :-/ - 16-13 ; 20-20 - after tiebreak : 21-20
vikings - inquisitors --- I never knew about the toasts at sea: Saturday it was 'our wives and sweethearts' which became  'our families' because now there were women too; Victoria said they took the joke away and that they could have said 'our spouses and sweethearts' but of course they didn't do that, because men cheating if good fun, women cheating is not :-/ - 18-19 ; 23-25
belgophiles - escapologists (I liked them: Frank once dressed as Emily Dickinson and Lydia had a passion for Wednesday Addams :p she was her childhood idol :-D) --- 12-12 ; 17-16
detectives - vikings (we're hanging a lantern on this? Is that a British saying? )  --- 15-16 ; 22-23
eco-warriors - escapologists ---  yes, the only things I knew in the walls where the High School Musical characters and the Sandra Bullock movies... - 8-11 ; 11-19
vikings - belgophiles --- JK Galbraith, I got this at first clue too - 7-12 ; 6-17
inquisitors - escapologists --- 'per me è arabo', they say 'it's all Greek to me', who knew.. - I also got the DiCaprio movies/actors that got the oscars instead of him :D but I haven't yet seen any of those movies so I can't judge - 16-19 ; 18-30
escapologists - belgophiles --- this time the teams were spared from singing because there was the
a-cappella group :) - 17-11 ; 21-14

series 14
1-hotpots - poptimists --- kinder eggs have been banned is the US?? Oh my, the madness.... - (the music question is the lion..) -
once again I knew the only questions that were so easy no actual studying was required for it: the one easy enough that no team thought of it, the letter v-question  ; the back-to-the-future-years-question,
16-20 before vowels-round. 19-31 (I got three... which makes five with the two above..)
2-durhamites - LARPers --- 12-16 - 15-24
3-pyromaniacs - cartoonists ---- 16-18 -- 24-22
4-motorheads - time ladies --- 20-17 -- 24-24 -- 24-25
5-birdwatchers - dicers --- 16-23 --- 22-29
6-brews - forrests --- of course I knew the discworld-question, with much more enthusiasm than them; 12-15 ---  16-24
7-ancient alumni - three peaks --- 23-14 --- 29-15
8-dragons - westenders --- I only got the W(D)-answer, I'm sorry to say I wasn't quick enough on the Indiana-Jones-movies-one, they said it before I got there. 15-16 -- 17-24
9-hotpots - durhamites --- 18-20  --- 20-29
10-


champion of champions special :
europhiles - string section --- 7-21 --- 10-25
sport special:
footballers - korfballers --- 17-16 -- (vowels game: it seemed to me like both teams said 'croquet and pall mall', why was the first team wrong?) 25-17
family special:
lasletts - meeples --- (I can't believe I got the music questions ! ) - 19-20 --- 28-23 (one of my fav. eps, great quizzing and lovely teams)


øøøøø

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento