lunedì 2 giugno 2014

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - important cast, but boring nontheless

Apparently it had a great success. I never read the book by John Le Carré, so didn't know a thing. I'm sure the problem was all mine, I mean there were a lot of characters, a lot of faces, and really a lot of names!! Both English and Russians. I spent a lot of time simply trying to work out who was who, and who were they talking about. Otherwise the plot is interesting, and the cast too. Gary Oldman is the protagonist, working with Benedict Cumberbatch (with a blonde hairdo). There is also John Hurt, yes indeed, and then there's Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, David Dencik, Toby Jones, Simon McBurney, Kathy Burke.
The plot in few words is: the British secret services have a spy working for the Russians, and George Smiley aka Goldman tries to work out who that is.
This is probably the only movie about the British secret service I've seen that is not a Bond movie - meaning there is no M, there is Control instead, which was kind of fun because it remind me of "A bit of Fry and Laurie" and their hilarious sketches :lol:
Anyway, whatever the reason, this is not for me.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento