lunedì 23 giugno 2014

Would I lie to you? season 2 of the panel show with David Mitchell

I really like this show! Still with David Mitchell and Lee Mack as team captains. Good! This season my favourite stories were: when Gabby Logan stole Madonna's sweets, when David explained his alarm-clock system, when Lee was attacked by both the snake and the snake charmer in Marocco, when Olivia Colman pretended to be French to impress a guy, and also when David used to dress up as a little kid as a 18° century nobleman.
I liked Rob's story about working at the radio as two different people using different accents, and like they said, I would have liked it to be true, but of course it wasn't because it would have been silly. Nice how Rob Brydon kept complimenting Robert Webb a lot. We listen to David's view of Ann Widdecombe, whoever she might be. I loved to see David and Robert Webb together in this show, they are lovely together, they always make each other laugh.
They showed a bit of a quiz when a guy was supposed to be an expert on Jim Carrey and didn't even recognise the Truman Show, which might just be his most famous film! They also showed a clip from back when Elton John was married to a woman, and of course David did not believe that David Furnish has an Elton-tracker device to know where he is at any time. Personally I didn't see that as a difficult answer, of course not, David F. wouldn't do that!!
I still can't believe that David's first word was hoover. He said it's true, but ... I mean, hoover??
Davina McCall was very pretty with the blonde wig. Jason  Manford misread his card and said he was an expert on Columbo instead of Columbia, and got interrogated by David :lol and all his questions were William Shatner's related :-) It was so funny when Lee advised him "if you're not telling the truth let me warn you, you're messing with the wrong man". In one episode there was Hugh Dennis, and I just believed everything he said, he was so convincing! Then there was Olivia Colman, and she looked really pretty!! David's story about having been a tour guide for a hat museum was clearly a lie, he just didn't know what to say. He also didn't know what to say, although for a complete different reason, other than a heartfelf "bloody hell", when he had to pretend he was writing a children book called "the lonely lighthouse" and someone said "Is it autobiographical?" which was very low, poor David, I so don't like the jokes about loneliness, sometimes it's like mocking someone because it's lonely, as if there's anything to laugh about in that! Well F*** you, now David is married and he's gonna live happily ever after because Victoria and him are a great couple! I wish them all the happiness! Then David showed us the only gift ever sent to him by a fan: some socks. He didn't like them very much. I think if I were to give David a gift, I'd choose one of those beautiful MontBlanc pens. Well, if I could afford it, that is :-/
I laughed when David shouted "you idiot!!" to Michael McIntyre for helping the opposing team. I have never heard of this Lauren Laverne before, but she wasn't very nice when she replied very sharply to David calling him "alright Cambridge boy", as if she couldn't accept jokes or criticism. What are you there for then?? Don't like her.
 Frankie Boyle, Rich Hall, Dara O'Briain, Russell Howard, Peter Serafinowicz, Danny Baker, Vic Reeves, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson were also on this season, among other people I don't remember. Still not liking Vic Reeves, but he only did one episode.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento