giovedì 12 giugno 2014

Would I lie to you? season 1 of the panel show game with David Mitchell. I love it.

It might even be my favourite show, although I can't say that because there's lots of British shows I've never seen. Anyway, I love this one, not only because there's David Mitchell, although that alone is a good reason, but also because of the rules. 6 people has to read in turn a fact written on a card, and try and convince the opposing team that it's the truth; then they'll have to guess if it is really true or just a lie. It's very funny! Usually those things depends mostly on the guests of the episodes, but having David Mitchell as a team captain each episode makes sure it'll be fun anyway.
In this first series my favourite bits were: the 'saving money by not buying new paper clips' story, which was laughed at but I think is quite sensible actually. Buying new ones would be a waste, when there are already so many. What should they do, throw away all the old ones that comes in with the documents, and buy new ones?? Then there was Lee Mack pretending the guest Mark was paid to operate his ipod, and David was hilarious here :lol: "if it's true than you're not the man I thought you were Lee, and that's the price you'll pay for this petty victory" :lol: of course it was a lie.
David saying to Frankie Boyle "you don't know, you just wanna murder her" was very funny, but I don't remember who were they talking about, maybe because I don't know her, or maybe because I don't care about her. His "I don't know but that's the game" made me laugh too, although I admit that reading it doesn't seem very funny, but when he said it it was. The story about David "writing to BBC at the age of 5 suggesting how to end their union conflict" was both funny and adorable. "I was a formal little thing" awww of course this was true :-) We find out that Frankie Boyle is allergic to coins, that David did not faint while watching Kill Bill ( "I have seen Kill Bill, I just managed to stay conscious throughout it"), but that he did have to talk his way out of a fight when he was 23 (" he was alone and there were three of you" " yes but out of the three, one was a girl and one was me :lol: and the woman Ulrika something that thought she had sorted him all out, and she was completely wrong!); also that Jimmy Carr lost his virginity at the age of 26 because before that he was very religious, and to think that now he never loses a chance to say there is no God... ,
Then I heard David talk about Anne Robinson, and I have no idea who she is, but David had no reserve :lol: he said "that bitch is a recognised arsehole" but I have no idea on the matter, not knowing her.
When John Barrowman shouted " I volunteer" to help Patrick McGuinness demonstrate that he can wrestle was fun ( "how would you like me? :lol: I love John Barrowman) but I think the joke "he was a ear-sniffer, I was a rear-sniffer" wasn't all that fun. He goes out of control sometimes :lol: but it doesn't matter, because he's great and lovely, and I like him (I like him more than I like his characters, in fact. I didn't much like Captain Jack in Torchwood, mostly because I felt that he was treating Ianto unfairly and I wanted to shout at him to send Gwen home to her man and stop playing with my Ianto's feelings!).
I wish they'd make good dvds of these shows, with all the episodes ( I don't like Best of compilations and such like) and also subtitles, because there was a moment when John almost choke while drinking because of a joke, and I don't know what the joke was, can't understand it. I understood everything else very well, but sometimes little things escapes me.
The story of that woman collecting and eating her husband's bellybutton fluff was a bit creepy honestly. Euch. Dara O'Briain was on the show, angry because just because he's Irish people apparently think he must know Bono and every other Irishman on Earth, but I'm not very fond of him, for two reasons. The first is that I can understand about half of what he says, and I don't know why. It's not because he's Irish, I mean Ed Byrne is Irish if I'm not mistaken, but I understands him perfectly. It must be the way he speaks. Second reason is that loud sound "Err" he always makes after he's done a joke, as if giving people time to laugh. I found it so irritating, I wish he'd stop doing that, I'd like him more.
The story about "a builder called Bob came to my house" was not at all strange, it might very well happen, but it's unbelievable that they thought it true after it was added that "the builder turned up for work dressed as Bob the builder for a joke"! Come on, please. Maybe in a pub it would be a joke, at work it'd just be stupid.
David struggling to come up with a 5-point plan to survive in prison was really hard, I mean it was even hard to watch. David used to proofread dictionaries for a living was true (you're saying I look like a man who's gone to the depth of tedium and not come back? Well that's because I am. aww no, don't say that!!), but Vic Reeves present in that episode was annoying. I don't like Vic Reeves, I just don't find him funny. At all.
That guest who was Wendy's hairdresser apparently caused some laughter in the studio, I don't know why. I suppose he only does other people's hair, not his own.
This season there was David's first mention of W.S. "You know, William Shatner can't really fly a starship", and thankfully Lee didn't believe he had a poster of Margareth Thatcher on his wall. Sometimes people on this show believe any strange story concerning David. Come on! I laughed a lot when Lee Mack called Tara Palmer-Tomlinson "you spoiled bitch" because she said her father had the clouds removed from the sky from her 21st birthday, and "all the sky was blue,just to match my dress", and she laughed. That would never be possible here. Later he said "let me rephrase that: what a wonderful idea, well done for being so wealthy" "you want to marry me now!" "you are without irony the most frightening person I've ever met" :lol: She also told the story of when she accidentally ate a diamond, and probably other stories I don't remember. She's from another world, I can't relate to her in any way, but in an odd, frightening way she's sort of funny. Not sure if she plans to be or not, but I laughed a lot in this episode.
I liked when Claudia Winkleman said to David "Genius, I'm sitting next to Quincy", although that time he was actually wrong, and I couldn't understand how they thought it strange that the diamond was in the pudding. It's so strange to them? Never seen a movie when to make a surprise a character secretly asks the restaurant to put a ring into something???

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento