lunedì 23 giugno 2014

Would I lie to you? season 4 of the panel show with David Mitchell

I love this show!! As before, David Mitchell and Lee mack are the team captains, and Rob Brydon is the host, but this series he himself introduced the guests, without the voice speaker. I like it better this way! Good.
The stories I remember the most are: when Fern Britton left a job because she couldn't ride their bike, when Richard E. Grant showed us the music video he made as a dance version of the 'to be or not to be' monologue, when Jack Dee talks about his faulty system for remembering names, when Rob stole Catherine Zeta Jones dinner money, when Kevin Bridges accidentally bought a horse, when David told about his bedroom's door having no handle, when Ronnie Corbett was on the show!!, when Sarah Millican spent three hours on a bus for a day out, when the special guest was David's driver, when Rhod Gilbert had a job where he had to answer the phone 'hello beef', when we learn about Lee having one leg shorter than the other, when Patrick Kielty punched Mohammed Ali in the face, when Joanna Page wanted to learn her time tables, when we meet swimming instructor Mark, when we see David's special travel dressing gown, when Martin Clunes explained why he liked to change the order in which he puts on his socks and when Rob pretended to be his own agent using a different voice.
I'm thankful to David for the little explanation of "dispensed of, disposed with", hope I got it right :lol: David's lie about riding a train at a museum was hilarious. Before they showed Richard E. Grant's video, Martin Clunes looked at special guest Ken's hands and immediately said he was a record producer, but then he changed his mind, maybe didn't have the confidence to go with it (??) sounds strange, but anyway he should have, he was right! When Fern said to David "no wonder you're single" I was so annoyed, and then they didn't keep in the show what she was going to say after... It was funny when David could just think of the name of one women magazine and thought he deserved a medal for that. This series Hugh Dennis wasn't as believable as before, when he said he had to touch his nose whenever he says France, he didn't play it well. There's always a first, isn't there? :lol: Well, it wouldn't have been so very strange a thing, I mean I always touch my nose whenever I say something at the same time as someone else!
I could absolutely believe the story about a Andy Murray's rap after Rob sang it. He so sounded like he had heard it before! Rob's story about the biscuits was so wrong, but also so well told I was really confused, and believed it! There was Holly Walsh on one episode, and I didn't like her. She looks so pleased with herself anytime she makes a joke, as if it was something genius! Unless it generally isn't! There was also John Bishop on one episode, and I don't know what to think of him, he speaks in such a strange way, I can't even follow what he says.
When David and Rob started talking about Star Trek was great for me. I love Star Trek! Even more when being asked 'did you two have girlfriends?' Rob very calmly said No (or maybe Why?) and kept talking about it! :lol: Great!! Although I don't understand why there is always this thing that you could have one OR the other, not both. Why couldn't you like Star Trek and have a girlfriend? I would have liked to have someone liking it as I did!!
When Jack Dee told his (fake) story about proposing to his wife with a fez on, and he actually wore the hat to demonstrate how he looked, and then David asked why would he go for the fez, I so wanted him to say: because fezzes are cool! Of course he didn't.
The story of the death of Lee's goldfish and the pond made me laugh, it was so absurd, they were all shouting, and talking about fish :lol:
Peter Serafinowicz, Jason Manford, Ruth Jones, Professor Brian Cox, Stephen Mangan, Julian Clary, Miranda Hart, Mark Watson, Bernard Cribbins, Chris Addison were also on this series.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento