lunedì 23 giugno 2014

Would I lie to you? season 6 of the panel show with David Mitchell

This is my favourite season so far :-) As before, David Mitchell and Lee Mack are team captains, and Rob Brydon is the host. Good. David showed a new look, with the beard!! It took me some time to get used to it..
I laughed so much at Alex Jones' story of when she lost Julian Lloyd Webber's cello, it was hilarious, David was so funny, also when he overruled his teammates, it was really funny. I guess being in a relationship does him good, he was even funnier than usual, and also more confident, or maybe it's just me imagining things.
Special guest Sid, that very pretty lady, looked like a friend of Mel Giedroyc :-) Lee's story about ex-girlfriends' names spelling Bermuda was so absurd and so obviously a lie there was really no need for questions, just like Alex's story that she could say if you're a good dancer by looking at your teeth: absurd again. Miles Jupp explained his true system for drying himself, but although it may yes be a bit odd, I think their reaction was too much, they used the words disturbing and horrible and frightening... that's an exageration, why disturbing, come on! Everyone can do what they want in their home, I don't think it's that big a deal!
Richard Madeley's true story of how he woke up naked after spraying his home with fake snow while drunk was really funny :-) David's three poing pen policy was funny, but I sooo didn't like it when Lee broke it. I love pens too, and I hate wastes in general, so I kind of hated it. Sarah Millican esplanations of how she takes pictures of herself when she's tired to see how tired she really is was hilarious. The 'sleeping with a potato' lie was also lots of fun :lol: When a girl dumped that guy Richard at McDonald was some story as well :lol: although as always I hate lines like 'guess why she dumped you', or 'no wonder you're single', they never sound funny to me. They always sound nasty, even when said as a joke, if that's ever the case, they always sound nasty. The game with the special guests Robert and Will was most funny when they all walked over there to look at their hands. Lee then showed the dibber he donated to the British Lawnmower Museum. Miranda mentioned farts again, I guess she finds them really amusing. Rhod Gilbert and David were quarrelling again, and Tess Daly thought he was telling the truth "because Rhod is leaning back" mistaking that for a sign of relaxation due to have told the truth, while actually Rhod always sits like that, don't know why, as if he's keeping as distant as possible from the others, he always leans back in the chair. He would actually look better if he didn't, just sitting normally, but maybe he's more comfortable that way. The game with the special guest Tony was a funny one, with David pretending he told him bedstories about the war and Rhod's true story that they were badmington partners. I'd have never guessed that!
When Lee read his card about his portrait being made by a monkey he actually looked so  pissed off that he always gets this weird stories. When David told about the misterious red switch in his flat, I had exactly the same thought as Tess Daly: she also remembered the 'bedroom door without doorhandle' story and thought, he wasn't bothered by that, he probably is not bothered by this switch either. Andy Hamilton's story about the imaginary classmates was crazy and hilarious, one of the best. When special guest Kevin was on the show, I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that he was really Lee's bum double!!! Other stories that left me totally incredulous were Christian Jessen buying that stuffed monkey or that badger story but I don't remember the name of that guy. Also the ability to break an apple in half, or the woman who was really Greg Davies' mother! Armando Iannucci's 'babboon in the car' story was fun, and very well told I'd say. I so believed it to be true!
The fact that Lee shaved his beard when David was coming over for dinner can be seen in two ways: he's either considerate for David's feelings, or it could be that he thought 'he's so selfcentred he'll certainly think I did it to copy him when it's not true at all!' ... anyway, what a picture, Lee David and Rob all together at Lee's house for dinner...
Josie Lawrence, Miranda Hart, Gabby Logan, Patsi Kensit, Jim Carter were also among this season guests.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento