lunedì 5 gennaio 2015

Rise of the guardians

2012. In theory I should like this, but I don't. It's very boring, I'm definitely above the age limit for this one. What I don't like? Well, too many too long flight scene, so much flying, and most of all the idea that children believe in it because it is real. Ok, at the same time it is real because they believe in it, but let's focus on the point. The idea that children keep believing only because they saw that it was real... that's what works for adults. Children believe because it is magical to believe, it is the most magical thing in the world and they are happy to believe it. Doesn't matter that you're too little to do anything with the little coin you get in exchange for your tooth, doesn't matter if you didn't receive the toy you wanted at Christmas... who cares! The important bit is the magic, is the dream... I can't even remember if I ever asked anything for Christmas, I only remember very well the magical surprise of finding presents under the tree, that, by the way, never died: we kept it alive, never cut it off, and when it was too big for the house we planted it in the ground :-) I loved that tree from when I was little. I don't see it anymore because I moved, but for years it grew with us :-)
What I liked of this movie: great choice of voices and a few lines:
Jack Frost (Chris Pine) : "yeah, I love being shoved in a sack and tossed through a magic portal"
North aka Santa Claus (Alec Baldwin) : "oh good, that was my idea"
:lol:
and "everyone loves the sleigh"  :-)
The Easter Bunny (Hugh Jackman) and the way he says : "I'm a bunny" :lol: after Jack called him a Kangaroo :lol for which later Jack will apologise "Sorry about the whole Kangaroo thing"  "It's the accent, huh?"  :lol:  which is the nicest line of the movie .-)
The Tooth Fairy (Isla Fisher) was very nice, but the best was Jude Law as the Boogieman, Pitch Black. I liked his voice very much. Pitch was a bit boring too after a while, though, but I did like his voice :-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento