domenica 26 ottobre 2014

Going postal by Terry Pratchett - Discworld novel n.33

I love this book, because it has lots of good Vetinari in it :-) It's really great, it's incredible how Pratchett books get better and better, always fantastic! He's really an amazing writer.
This time, we get to know a former con man, Moist Von Lipwig, who is assigned to resurrect the post office, no more functioning for many years. He uses his personality and his tricks to conquer the people and bring the post office back to life.
My favourite bits are
--------------

  • Miss Dearheart: what is sticking in your foot is a Mitzi "pretty Lucretia" four-inch heel, the most dangerous footwear in the world. The worrying part is that I was forced practically at knifepoing to take ballet lessons as a child, which means I can kick like a mule; you are sitting in front of me, and I have another shoe...

-------------

  • And that's when it all went wrong for Mr. Gryle, because Stanley had one of his Little Moments.

-------------

  • I won't be long, I'm off to see the wizard :-)

-------------
Then there's a little thing. At one point it says "the temple was deserted, except for a little old man in a grubby robe, dreamily sweeping the floor" ... is this who I think it is?? Well, it might be, it might not be, it's not specified clearly, but I think it is! :-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento