lunedì 10 novembre 2014

Bolt - 2008

It's lovely, adorable, absolutely adorable, and very  very funny too. Of course, if you don't like dogs or cats it might not be as great as it is to me, I guess. I do love dogs and cats, and this film is funny and lovely and adorable. I admit I didn't expect it to be so good, I don't know why but I had thought it would have been sillier, I would have never got it without watching it first. Maybe it was just the poster, which is very pretty, sure, but it made me think it was only for little kids. Now I recommend it to everyone. Btw, doesn't John Travolta's voice sound like a boy's voice? I mean, you hear it and you'd think the man were 30, tops. Well, I would!
The story is about this little dog that is adopted by a child. Five years later, young Penny is an actress and Bolt the dog is the star of the show. He thinks it's all real, he thinks he has superpowers and that Penny is really in danger. Having being told that the show is too predictable, the director goes for a surprising finale, a cliffhanger, where Penny is abducted at the end of the episode. Bolt is then catched and put back in his trailer, alone; they forbid Penny to speak to him, to go see him. Bolt is worried sick, so he escapes and goes looking for her, thinking she's in great danger and he has to rescue her. Unfortunately he has no superpowers, and he ends trapped inside a box about to be sent to the other side of the United States. He still really thinks he's a superhero, but he wouldn't be able to survive, alone. He meets three pidgeons and then a cat, and of course he thinks all the cats are with the villain, as it is tradition since that James Bond movie :lol:
There were a lot of funny bits, like when the cat teaches him to be a dog :lol: or the hamster shouting "Die" , as crazy as anything, and the cat was hilarious, and many little things throughout the film. Adorable.
It's not clear how many years they've been doing that show, but since it's the only life Bolt knows, and given the fact that Penny had ready a collar with the name Bolt, I think he was adopted to make the show, and has being doing it for five whole years.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento