sabato 10 maggio 2014

The last stand - Schwarzenegger's back!

I wasn't expecting much from this movie, really, because it's an action-movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and I thought it would be exaggerated, you know, I thought probably even more than some Bruce Willis movies, where he can be shot or wounded or anything and he keeps going on fighting and kicking like nothing happened. Instead I appreciated it.
Plot in few words: there's a drug-lord powerful and rich enough to buy for himself the help of every criminal he wants, so he manages to escape and run away, driving a superfast car and they can't catch him, but we all know that the most important thing in life is not money, is LUCK, and guess who's the sheriff of the little border town that will be the last stand?? Schwarzy, of course. Very bad luck, your drug-lordshit.
As you can imagine is Arnold Schwarzenegger's character decides he wants to stop someone, he'll stop him!
It's wasn't bad at all, although I'd have avoided boring old jokes like the one about the mayor's car (I don't wanna see a scratch on it! and in the end I'm not even sure it has all its wheels..). Schwarzenegger character's nice, not arrogant, not annoying, just a nice old cop who decided to leave the big city and move to a quiet nice little town. When trouble arise he's not happy ( "I'm too old for this" :-D) but he's the sheriff so he'll deal with it, right in the face of FBI agents who think they're the only one capable of anything, and that in small rural town there are only inepts. The FBI boss is Forest Whitaker, but I kind of think they called him in to add a big name to the movie, because he's role is quite small. But he's good anyway.
Concluding, if you like the genre action-shooting-fighting-mess it's not bad at all. I could watch it again no problem!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento